[After Story]: Acceptance

Nathaniel's POV

That whole day I tried my best for Y/n's father to accept me. I tried helping him with yard work.

"Put the weeds in the barrel."He demanded. I nod, "Yes sir."
B/n then came out to help. He smirks. What does he want? "Trying to get him to accept you still huh?"B/n leans in to whisper.

I sigh, "Yes, he still doesn't."I get up to throwaway the pile of weeds in the barrel. He laughs, "Hah! That would take a metrical."B/n wipes off the dirt on his hands.

No matter what I did. He didn't give a smile. He didn't say thank you. He did it say anything! I then also helped wash there cars along with B/n too. We then went to the store to buy some food for the week. "Mom says we need eggs, milk, cheese, bread, tortillas flower, meet, cereal, chips, granola bars, cookies and yogurt."He looks on his phone.

"I take one half and you take the other boys."He waves. B/n and I glance over at each other. "Is he always like this?"I ask.
B/n shakes his head in disagreement, "No he's usually cool. It's probably you."He grabs a cart.

My fist cling. I'm trying my best! Doesn't he see that? "Hey come on. Are you okay?"

"I- I'm trying the best I can. Why won't he see that?"I exclaimed. No response to a few seconds later. He sighs, "Why don't you ask him?"He walks in the store. I soon follow behind. You know what I will!

Finally we were finished and we're walking back to the car. I walked up to my girlfriends father. "Can I ask you something?"No eye contact.

"What?"He just says so plan. I sigh, "Can't you see I'm trying my best?"
"Your best for what boy?"
"My best to get you to accept me!"
"I'll never accept you."He pushes the cart faster.

I catch up. "Why?"I cry in defeat.
"Because your my previous daughter's boyfriend!"He yells. I stumble taking a step back. "I- I'm s- sorry sir but I love her ever so deeply and I'll do nothing to hurt her. I just hope one day you'll accept that."I say strongly getting in the car.

There the dirty work was done.

We finally got to Y/n's house. We walked in the back and putted the bags on the island. "Nathy!"Y/n runs to hug me. Feeling her warm embrace makes me feel better. Don't cry Nathaniel don't you dare fuckin cry. A tear streams down my cheek. Shit.

I grip her harder sniffing. "N- Nathaniel, are you crying?"She lets go. My tears are falling rapidly. She cups my cheeks trying to wipe them away. Only more keep falling. "Dad what did you do to him?"She yelled.

"I DID NOTHING!"He yelled half way across the house. She then growls, "You did something he's crying!"Y/n yells back.
"I don't fuckin care!"

I'm done. I'm done with this family. I can't anymore. I try my best to be accepted but no one does but her mom and brother. "I'm done, Y/n."I wipe my tears stepping back.

"W- What?"Y/n stutters.
"We're done till your father accepts me! I tried my best! HE STILL DOSENT ACCEPT ME- US AFTER I HELPED HIM WITH EVERYTHING!"I drop to the floor as my tears fall.

Her father then walks in. "ACCEPT US FATHER!"She crys.

"No."

"Honey! If you do they'll break up again!"Her mom walks in.
"I said no woman. Do you not understand English?"He stomps.

This was it. Everyone is gone.