{2} Beginning of the truth

Caroline's P.O.V

I could hear my breath shuddering against my fists. They were tightly curled around the bars, my face about a centimetre away from them. Everyone in the entire room that I could see were in the exact same position as I was, as the door opened. Blake, I think his name is, appeared in the doorway holding a rather lifeless brunette that we all knew as the lovely Elena Gilbert. Just as I didn't think my fists could get any tighter, they did. Blake kicked open Elena's cell door and carelessly chucked her inside like she was unwanted food being chucked away. I glanced over at Ashleigh, she was the only one who wasn't pressed up against the bars. She has obeyed the orders she had been given by pretending to still be unconscious. Blake strolled into the middle of the room and clapped his hands together excitedly.y

"So." He began enthusiastically, "who's next?" He looked over to Stefan, who was glaring at him with his forest green eyes. "You." He walked over to Stefan and knelt down so that he was eye to eye with him. "You were up for a little torture earlier, still up for it now?" 

"There's no point." Stefan replied coldly, "you won't get anything out of me. You'll get nothing from any of us." Stefan maintained his harsh glare as he finished his sentence. Blake laughed at him.

"Oh I have other ways than just forcing vervain down your throats and poking you with knives... Eccetera." Blake explained as he got out his phone and waved it in Stefan's face.

"What could you possibly do with that that's worse than torture?" Stefan suddenly became intrigued. Blake took that as in invitation to use the phone, he raised his eyebrows in surprise and started dialing a random number. 

"Hello? Yes, hi it's me. Bring them in." Blake ordered with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion, who was he bringing in? Damon? The sound of the main door squeaking at its hinges put us all on edge, whoever they were they were coming in.

My eyes widdened in horror as I witnessed my own mother being dragged against her will into one of the empty cells by the front door. Tyler's mother followed shortly behind. Causing Tyler to shoot up on his feet and bang against the door that was containing him.

"Let them go!" He shouted, furious with the extremes these guys would go to to get information. "let them go and I'll tell you want you want to know!" 

Stefan's eyes widened, he and I knew they couldn't possibly hurt the sheriff and the mayor. This was exactly what they wanted, they wanted to scare us into the truth. "Tyler..." I whispered slowly, he glanced over to me as I shook my head no. He rolled his eyes and turned back to Blake.

"Okay..." Blake started, walking to the centre of the room, he spun around to face Tyler. "How do you kill a vampire without using wood?" 

"Let me out first." Tyler spat, "so I can free my mother and take her home." 

Blake laughed at his demand, "as if I'd let you out!" Tyler glared at him and let a rumbling growl escape his lips, he was ready to turn. Everyone knew it, everyone a part from Blake and his followers. Blake glanced at his watch. "We should wrap it up for the night. Lance, you're on watch for the first part of the night. I'll take over at midnight. And remember what to do if they try and get out. 

Lance swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded, by the looks of it he hated night shifts. "Can't someone be on watch with me?" He asked sulkily.

"Tina, you can accompany him." Blake decided within two seconds. A woman with long golden hair stepped out of the small bundle of founders that were gathered by the door. She was dressed all in black and held a small handgun. Her big eyes were full of concentration and determination, she looked rather intimidating but easily one of the most stunning people I'd ever seen in my life.