Mine

For she is not Death

She is much worse, yet you still

Follow her in hope

    My heart practically stops. She's not Death? What the fuck is she, then?

    "Did you really think anything like this would be that obvious?" she questions, tilting her head to the side. Her long dark hair waves as she moves.

    "I don't know," I reply, not really knowing what to say.

    She shakes her head. "You're so naïve. Chasing after me like a lost puppy."

    "Belittling me isn't going to make me stop loving you," I snap. I realize what I said after the words have already left my mouth. I want to grab them and shove them back in my throat. But unfortunately, I can't.

    She raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

    "You think you love me?" she questions, the corner of her lip turning up slightly.

    There's no use denying it now. "Yes," I tell her, and she hums.

    "How old are you?" she questions, and suddenly, I feel a cold chill.

    "Why do you want to know?" I counter.

    "Answering a question with a question, are we?" she tuts, stepping a bit closer.

    I step back. The danger that's always radiating off her is stronger now.

    "It's just a question, my love," she say, a spark lighting in her eyes. It disappears immediately.

    "What if I don't want to answer it?" I say, taking another step back.

    "How about this?" she muses. "You tell me your age, and I'll give you a kiss."

    I feel my heart skip a beat. My eyes flicker to her lips. They're painted a deep red as always. I want to know how they would feel against mine. I need to know.

    "I'm eighteen," I blurt out, and she grins.

    "Perfect," she breathes before closing the gap between us. Her lips meet mine. I feel breathless as I tangle my hands in her hair. My heart beats rapidly. I feel like I can't breathe. My head gets light, and I start to pull away. She pulls me closer, not letting me go.

    I can't breathe. I feel like the air is literally being sucked out of my lungs.

    I feel her nails dig into my skin.

    "You want to know what I am?" I hear her voice, but she's not speaking. She's in my head. "You want to fucking know who I am?"

    I try to pull away. I can't breathe.

    "I'll tell you who I am."

    I stumble back, a cloud of black smoke blinding me. I fall to the ground, my hands scraping the pavement. I cough as I suck in a painful breath.

    "I'm worse than Death." I can still hear her voice in my head, but I can't see her. She's disappeared.

    "I feed off life as it leaves the dying body. Have you never noticed how I arrive before the animal is dead?" she questions. I can hear her smirk.

    My heart beats rapidly in my chest. I keep looking around me, as if she's still here. But she's not.

    "I took a bit of your life just now."

    I struggle to breathe. My throat feels like it's on fire.

    "It's easy when you're not human."

    Her words swirl in my mind. I'm not human.

    "What am I?" I ask, my voice cracking as if I haven't taken a sip of water in years.

    She laughs. The sound resonates in my head. I feel dizzy.    

    "You're my bitch now."

A/N

well

would you look at that

I'm so bad at updating ugh someone punch me