Chapter 3

How about a little Karry moment in between the rehearsal of Super Friends and the actual show?

After they were finished rehearsing the song number, "Super Friends," Barry and Kara were told by Grady (Winn's lookalike) to dress up for the big show. Barry puts on a new tuxedo and decides to add a white bow tie to the look. Kara comes out from behind the covers to show what she was wearing. A beautiful golden sequin dress.

Once Barry saw her, he couldn't stop staring at her with his mouth open. If he thought that she looked dazzling in the black dress he saw her in when he first came to this musical world, she looked absolutely stunning right now.

"Is there something wrong with my hair?" asked Kara, thinking Barry's staring means there was something wrong with her suit.

"No. No. Nothing's wrong," said Barry. "You look... you look beautiful."

"Really?" asked Kara.

"I would never lie to you," said Barry.

Kara smiled as she felt her cheeks burn from Barry's words.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Scarlet Speedster," said Kara.

"Well, we gotta look our best or Cutter's gonna, well, you know," said Barry, adjusting his tux.

"I know we're trying to get out of here, but... to be honest, I'm actually having a great time here," said Kara. "Well, apart from the kidnapping and seeing Iris and Mon-El's lookalikes make out. Again, ew, gross."

Barry chuckled.

Kara continues. "But singing up there on stage in front of everyone, singing with you, it made me feel..."

"Happy," said Barry at the same time with Kara.

Barry and Kara were shocked by what just happened. Did they just read each other's minds? Did you they have telepathy in this world? Or was it something else?

Kara walks up to Barry and stares into his eyes.

"If there's a chance that we're gonna be stuck here forever, would you be happy being stuck her with me forever?" asked Kara.

"Kara, don't say that," said Barry.

"Just... bear with me, Barry," said Kara. "If and only if we do, would you be happy... with me?"

Barry smiles and says, "Of course, I'd be happy with you."

"And I would be happy to be here with you," said Kara.

Barry and Kara exchanged stares and smiles as they felt something sparking between them.

"What is wrong with us?" asked Kara. "You and me, we're practically soulmates..."

"Yet, we've spent most of our time here pining for people we broke up with," said Barry.

"Star-crossed lovers, aren't we?" commented Kara.

"Two people from two different universes, I'd say so," said Barry.

"If we do get stuck here forever, would you consider..." Kara licked her lips as she hesitated. "Maybe... giving us a shot..."

Barry cuts Kara off by planting his lips on hers, pulling her in for a kiss. Kara didn't hesitate to kiss him back, rubbing the back of his hair.

After the kiss, all the two superheroes can do is stare at one another, mesmerized and delighted by what happened.

Barry

Why must we be so far apart?
Why must we be far out of reach?
Why can't I fill this hole in my heart?
Why can't I cross the breach?

Kara

I know we come from different world
It hurts that we're always apart
We could never be
And it's hurting me

Barry (Kara)

But no matter what (No matter what)
I would run to the ends of the Earth your (I would fly to the sun for you)

Barry & Kara

You and me, we are meant to be
No matter where you're from
I would hold your hand
And never let go

No capes and cowls can hide you from me
No matter where we run (or fly)
I feel at home with you
Because my heart belongs to you

Barry

I could never imagine

Kara

A life without you

Barry

Ever since I met you

Kara

I don't want to let go

Barry & Kara

You and me, we are meant to be
No matter where you're from
I would hold your hand
And never let go

You can wear any mask
But I will always find you
No matter how super you are
You're just the one for me

Barry

I will never ever stop

Kara

Never ever stop running into you

Barry

Because I know in my heart

Kara

You're the one for me

Barry & Kara

I wouldn't have it any other way
As long as you're here with meI wouldn't have it any other

Barry

I will always run after you

Kara

I will always fly after you

Barry & Kara

Because I know that in my heart
You and me, we're meant to be

The two slowly lean towards each other, but before they could kiss again, someone walked into the room.

"Hey, you two." It was Grady. "Whoa..."

Barry and Kara look away from each other and look at their pianist.

"Hey, if you two want to go to a honeymoon, that's a'right with me, but it's time for the show," said Grady.

Barry looks back at Kara and says, "Shall we dazzle the audience, milday?"

"Yes, we shall, fine gentleman," said Kara.

Barry and Kara laugh together as they followed Winn to the stage, reading to sing "Super Friends" to the audience.

I admit. I'm not good at writing songs. I just sing the lyrics in my head and hope it doesn't sound too bad.