Chapter 2

I'm fast-forwarding to the part where Barry and Kara are kidnapped by Stei... I meant... not-Stein. Why didn't they give him a name in the musical world?

Barry wakes up with a headache. Kara's whispering sounded like yelling to him.

"Where are we?" asked Barry.

"I don't know," said Kara.

"I'm sure everyone at S.T.A.R. Labs is working on getting us out of this," said Barry confidently.

"I'm glad they brought me to your Earth," said Kara.

"Mon-El seems like he really cares about you," said Barry.

"Pfft," scoffed Kara. "Mon-El only cares about himself. He lied to me about who he really was for months. I can't shake it off. I thought what we had was gonna be special like what you have with Iris."

"That is off track," said Barry.

"Why?" asked Kara.

"I asked her to marry me," said Barry.

Kara started to smile, feeling somewhat excited. "You did?! That's great."

Barry, however, didn't smile.

"Wait, did she not say yes?" asked Kara. "Wait, if she did say yes, then you wouldn't be down right now."

"She did say yes," said Barry. "But I soon realized I did it for the wrong reason. I love her, but I did it because I was trying to change the future."

Kara looked at him confusingly.

"Long story," said Barry. "After that, I pushed her away so I can focus on saving her, and it's all a mess now. Everything's so simple when I'm running."

"And flying," replied Kara, knowing how Barry feels.

The two look at each other as if they were reading each other's mind. Their hands simultaneously moved closer until their fingers curled against each other.

"That feels weird," said Barry.

"No, it's not," said Kara, feeling comforted by the moment. "I'm sorry about Iris."

"I'm... sorry about Mon-El," said Barry, hesitating a little.

"I may not have my powers, but that sounds like a lie," said Kara. "You're sorry for me, but you're not sorry for him."

"He didn't seem like your type," said Barry.

"Believe me, I'm still wondering that myself," said Kara.

"What's he really like?" asked Barry.

"Besides being a lying, womanizing scumbag of a Daxamite, there's nothing much to say," said Kara, still feeling bitter towards Mon-El.

"Then why did you date him if he's that bad?" asked Barry.

"I... I... I don't know," said Kara. If she was being honest with herself, she didn't really know the answer to Barry's question.

"Is it about James?" asked Barry.

"No," said Kara. "It's... something else... I just don't know what it is."

"You were desperate for love," said Barry.

"Maybe," admitted Kara, although feeling ashamed for doing so.

"It happens," said Barry.

"After James and I broke up, I thought I could be free to find myself, but it only left this hole in my heart that I wanted so bad to fill," said Kara.

Barry holds Kara's hand tighter in an attempt to comfort her. Her small smile was a sign that it was working.

"I'm positive you'll fill that hole someday," said Barry. "If anyone deserves love, it's you."

"And you," said Kara. "I'm sure you and Iris will find a way back together."

"I wish I can believe that, but the universe just seems to be trying to push us apart," said Barry. "Iris and I were destined to live happily ever after, but it seems that I'm being punished for Flashpoint."

"Are you still blaming yourself?" asked Kara.

"Kara, I just don't know if Iris is my destiny anymore," said Barry. "I'm not sure if I have any destiny."

"Hey, don't talk like that," said Kara, scooting closer towards Barry. "You're the most wonderful guy I've ever met, Barry, and I really meant that. Hell, I would date you if I wanted to."

"You meant that?" asked Barry, surprised.

Kara leans closer and plants a kiss on Barry's cheek. Barry's face can tell Kara that he's shocked, but inside, there were so many emotions circling around each other that he didn't know what he really felt.

"Any girl would be lucky to be struck by you, lightning boy," said Kara.

"And any guy would be lucky to have his heart cleansed by you, Maid of Might," said Barry.

"Shut up! Both of you!" yelled not-Stein.

Oh, the sparks. Can you feel it?