Chapter 1

This is a simple re-imagining of Flash's musical episode, "Duet." Now, I know that many hated it (check the IMDb rating for proof), but I, for one, loved it. Everything from Gustin and Benoist's chemistry to Daren Criss being cast as Music Meister to the singing to the beautiful WestAllen moment in the ending made it very enjoyable (except for Karamel and the Joe/Stein thing).

I may be pro-WestAllen, but I also ship SuperFlash. I mean, how could you not? (Rhetorical question, don't answer it)

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Flash, Supergirl, or anything of the Arrowverse.

At a remote field miles outside of National City stood the Fastest Man Alive himself, The Flash with the Maid of Might herself, Supergirl.

"You really think this is gonna work?" asked Supergirl.

"Watching Livewire and Banshee work together reminded me of something we tried on my Earth," said Flash. "We join forces, literally. We combine your speed with my speed, if you throw me at your fastest, I might just break the dimensional barrier and get back home."

"You mean, like, a race?" asked Supergirl, giggling inwardly at the idea.

"I guess," said Flash, his smile growing wider at the though. "Think you can keep up, Girl of Steel?"

"Just you watch, Scarlet Speedster," replied Supergirl, ready to race.

The two stare at the horizon, preparing themselves to run. Supergirl turned away from the blue sky and looked at the red-clad superhero who had just become her new best friend.

"I'm gonna miss you, Barry Allen," said Supergirl.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Kara Danvers," said Flash, smiling at her. "Or Kara Zor-El, which is your alien name, 'cuz you're alien, which I think is very cool."

Supergirl laughs, amused and touched by the speedster's words.

"I think James Olsen thinks so, too," said Flash.

"W-What makes you say that?" asked Supergirl, laughing embarrassingly in between words.

"You remember when I told you to take things slow? That's good advice for a superhero, not for two people who really like each other. Maybe it's time to speed things up," said Flash.

"Maybe," agreed Supergirl.

The two looked at each other with big smiles on their faces. Supergirl opens her arms, inviting Flash for a hug, which he accepted. The two hugged like it was the last time they were gonna see each other. Only a few days together and they've felt like the best of friends. They didn't want to let go of each other, no matter how important it was that they need to.

After the hug, they stared each other's eyes, not knowing why. Without even them knowing, they slowly leaned closer towards each other's faces. Their lips touched and their eyes closed. Their kiss was soft and gentle. Supergirl puts her arms around Flash as the speedster gently caresses her golden brown locks.

As their lips parted, their eyes opened only to stare the other's again.

"Um, that happened," said Barry awkwardly.

Supergirl giggles, amused and embarrassed at the same time.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ ONE YEAR LATER ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Barry wakes up after his head made contact with something soft. He found his head lying on the couch. He remembers that he was watching Singin' in the Rain. He must've dozed off earlier. Luckily, he woke up just in time to watch Gene Kelly's character sing the title song.

As he listened, he thought about what he was dreaming. It was just one year ago that he had first met Kara Danvers, a.k.a. Supergirl, and that was one of the best days of life, in spite of the fact that he was dozens of Earths away from home. The kiss, however, was something he didn't expect to see. Then again, he didn't expect to be dreaming about Kara.

Why was I dreaming about Kara, he asked himself.

"Seriously, this again?" questioned Cisco.

And you know what happened after that, if you watched the episode, that is.