Secret Santa

I got you for Secret Santa, but I thought it was supposed to be a gag gift, and now I wont fess up because I'm embarrassed
sorry this is all rough i'm struggling?

-

Mitch realizes far too late that a vibrator for a gift is not cool for this party as he watches others open valuable and meaningful gifts from their Secret Santas. He, himself, gets some cute chain necklace and graciously thanks Kirstin when she comes for about being his Secret Santa. That's when he realizes that Scott cannot know that Mitch is his Secret Santa.

They're not super close, anyway. They're friends and Mitch has maybe always had a little crush on Scott, but their relationship isn't super intense or anything. Mitch thought he was being bold and funny getting a vibrator as a gag gift because he thought everybody was getting gag gifts. He realizes his big mistake now and his cheeks burn as Scott reaches for the nicely wrapped present with his name on it.

He's talking and giggling along with the group as his big hands pull at the paper, tearing it off and chucking it into the trash bag. He looks down when he hears Kirstin gasp, his eyes widening as he looks at the purple vibrator in his lap.

"Oh my god," Scott says quietly, picking up the plastic package and examine the purple sex toy with wide eyes.

"Who got that for you?" Kirstin asks bewilderedly.

"Doesn't say," Scott says, cheeks tinting pink. He glances around the room, "who was my Secret Santa?"

Mitch's heart races as Scott scans the small crowd. He can't come forward. He'll look ridiculous and he'll embarrass himself in front of Scott.

"Well," Scott shrugs. "Thanks to whoever it was," he laughs softly.

-

Mitch retreats to the kitchen to pour a hefty glass of wine once the gift opening is over because he's horrified to be in the same room as Scott. Mitch realizes that Scott has to have figured it out once everybody has stepped forward and claimed to have given a gift other than him.

Mitch realizes too late that this is also a bad idea when he sees Scott walking into the room.

"So," Scott hums, grabbing the wine and pouring himself a glass. "A vibrator?"

Mitch feels the heat rushing to his cheeks and he takes a big gulp of wine before he has the courage to reply. "I thought we were doing gag gifts," he says quietly. He can't look at Scott - pretty, pretty Scott.

"I liked it. I think it's funny, brave," he takes a sip of wine. "Bold."

Mitch bites at his lip nervously, sparing a glance at the blond standing across the kitchen island from him.

"Yeah?" He asks sheepishly.

Scott nods, a bright smile overtaking his features. "Mhm," he hums. "Plus it was super cute how hard you blushed when I opened it."

Mitch gasps, "stop!" And he knows his cheeks are turning that very familiar red as Scott laughs softly.

"There it is! How adorable."

"Shut up," Mitch whispers, bringing his wine class up to his lips.

"Okay," Scott says lightly. "I know how you can make it up to me - like a real gift."

"Oh really? The vibrator isn't enough for you?" Mitch says boldly.

"It's a fine gag gift but if you wanted to give me a real gift, you'd let me take you out on a date."

Mitch chokes on some wine a bit, coughing a bit and staring at Scott with wide eyes. Scott, his crush, is asking him out?

"What?"

"Go on a date with me," Scott smiles confidently.

"I.." Mitch falters. "Okay."