Mistletoe

You asked me ... something ... under a mistletoe on Christmas morning, but I'm still a little sleepy so I didn't really hear what you said

-

Mitch snuggles further into the sheets. They're empty, which he hates, but he knows Scott loves being up early on Christmas morning. Their family is here, which is a first, but it's wonderful. Mitch still can't believe they had been able to convince their parents to fly out for Christmas with them.

He makes a little noise in the back of his throat as he stretches a little. Sleep is heavy in his limbs as he pulls back the covers, but he does his best to push through it so that he can go find Scott. It's Christmas morning, after all, and he's pretty sure he can already hear the low rumble of conversation downstairs.

Mitch slips on a pair of sweatpants, stumbling out of his and Scott's bedroom and down the stairs. He thinks he hears most people in the living room, so he heads there, his heart thudding loudly in his chest when he sees Scott leaning against the doorway. He looks so pretty, a sweater and some Christmas pajama pants on.

Mitch stumbles along, pushing himself into Scott's side and sleepily resting his head into his shoulder.

"Mitchy," Scott hums. "Good morning."

"Mornin'," he says softly.

"Oh, boys! Mistletoe!" Connie exclaims, pointing above them.

Mitch's eyes slowly follow her hand, his head tilting back to look up. He smiles, head slowly looking over to Scott, confusion blurring his thoughts when Scott is looking at him intently.

Mitch quirks a brow, head cocking to the side as Scott says something. He doesn't hear him, sleep muddling his brain as Scott stares at him expectantly.

"Mitchy," he says quietly.

"Sorry," Mitch blinks, reaching up and rubbing at his sleep-heavy eyes. "I'm so tired. I wasn't listening, babe."

Scott's cheeks redden and he glances at his mom. "Mitch, I just, oh god." He runs a hand over his face before dropping down, kneeling down.

"Scott," Mitch breathes, eyes widening. "What-"

"Baby, I asked you to marry me." He smiles sweetly, reaching into his pajama pocket and pulling out a ring box.

"Oh my god," Mitch blinks, "oh my god. Yes - yeah! Oh my god!" Connie cheers, and Mitch thinks he hears a few others congratulate them but his only focus is Scott.

Scott stands, popping open the box and slipping a very pretty ring onto Mitch's finger before wrapping his arms around Mitch's waist. He presses a sweet kiss to Mitch's lips, pulling away and resting their foreheads together. He brushes their noses together and delights in the sleepy giggle Mitch lets loose.

"I can't believe you asked me to marry you, and I didn't even hear you," Mitch laughs. "I love you, Scotty."

Scott smiles, kissing Mitch's nose. "I love you so much, fiancé."