Chapter 18

Dedicated to accastillo for the votes and support. Thank you so much! xx

Enjoy! :)

_____________________

Chapter 18

After spending ridiculous amounts of time sleeping and arguing for about half an hour about who should get out of bed first because neither if us wanted to, which Zach obviously won, we got ready. We had a day off lessons as Mrs Goldstien had decided to let us start preparing for the regionals of Sight Singing.

We went to see her as soon as we were ready and she told us that we actually had the rest of the week off so that we could prepare properly. She had even spoken to al our teachers and got work off them to make sure we didn't fall too behind.

It would be a lie if I said I wasn't excited even though I didn't want to be a part of this but that was mostly just because I really wanted to hear Zach sing.

We found a free music room and I settled by the piano while Zach sat down next to the guitars.

"So... I think we should start by making sure we know each other's voices seeing as we are going to be singing together. And you already know what I sound like so - " I started before Zach interrupted me.

"Okay I get it darling. What do you want me to sing?"

I shrugged, trying to control myself from jumping of joy that I was actually finally going to hear his voice. "Anything."

"Do you like Labrinth?"

I furrowed my eyebrows worried that he was going to sing Earthquake which is exactly the opposite of what I like to sing and wondered for a moment if singing together was a good idea but nodded anyway because if that's what he liked then who was I to stop him?

"Okay. Just so you know and don't punch me afterwards, I'm not trying to tell you anything through the lyrics of the chorus okay?" He asked with a small smile.

"Okay?" I replied, confused.

Zach took a guitar and tuned it before getting a guitar pick out of his pocket and looking at me once to see me grinning from excitement and chuckling.

"Sophie, I'm really not that - "

"UH! No! Stop talking and just sing!"

"Alright alright."

He looked at the guitar and started strumming familiar chords but I couldn't quite place the song. But one thing was for sure. He could definitely play the guitar better than anyone I had ever heard before.

I nearly died of shock when he started singing Beneath Your Beautiful and was unable to do anything except for stare at him gaping and try not to have a heart attack.

He started softly and somehow managed to make the lyrics seem so much more beautiful.

His voice turned so powerful and he added his own touches at points which made the song sound a million times better and that's really saying something because Labrinth and Emeli Sandé were not easy to compete with.

It was perfection.

I didn't realise I was just staring at him even after he had finished, unable to process anything until he clapped in front of face, causing me to jump and I cleared my throat as I pulled myself together while he sat next to me on the piano stool.

"Okay, so maybe we - " Zach started.

"Zach! I can't do this with you! Your voice is incredible! You've got to be allowed to go alone. I mean, even if I wanted to go, I'd probably just make you lose. I'm going to talk to her. Even she can't sa - "