Chapter 6

This is dedicated to @bandgeekO_o for making me my first banner! I love it! Thank you!! :) xx

Picture of Mrs Goldstien to the side.

Enjoy! :)

__________________

Chapter 6

I sat on the piano stool and tried to play something. Anything. But nothing came to my head. Why? I had Taylor Swift stuck in my head. And if there was one thing I had learnt from all these years of piano, guitar and singing, it was to play whatever was in my heart. So after half an hour of sitting there and thinking, playing the odd verse on the piano, I grabbed a guitar and started playing a few different Taylor Swift songs, all of which I had learnt to amuse Lex. It was between 'Love Story' and 'You belong with me'. So I sung through both of them, hoping it would help me decide.

"Ugh!" I screamed to myself frustrated, unable to pick one.

"Love Story," said a deep voice. I screamed startled and turned around to see who it was.

"James!? What are you doing?! How long have you been standing there?!"

"A few minutes. Thought I would find you here alone eventually."

"What?!"

"Listen, just let me expl - "

"No! When will you understand?! I don't want to talk to you! Please! Just go!"

He started walking towards me. "Sophie, I - "

I stood up and walked backwards trying to get away from him. "No! Did you hear me? I don't want anything to do with you anymore!"

"Take a hint dude."

Hang on a second. That wasn't me. Or James. Zach walked in.

I flapped my hands in frustration.

"What are you doing here?" James asked spitefully.

"Sophie asked me to come." I did?

"No she didn't. She never lets anyone listen to her singing." James replied confused.

"It would seem that was only with you." Zach said, moving closer to him. Oh my god. Please don't start fighting again. "I suggest you leave now. You're obviously not wanted. And I'm sure you wouldn't want to end up in the hospital bed. For the third time."

James held up his hands in surrender and left after he turned to me and I gave him a blank look.

"What are you doing?" I muttered.

"Yeah, don't thank me or anything." Zach said.

"Oh, thank you! I really don't know what I would do without you!" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know." he replied with a smirk.

"Seriously Zach, what are you doing here? And how did you just happen to walk in when James did?"

"Well, you ran out of the dorm room so I decided to follow you and then I realised you came to sing so err - well - I wanted to hear more after that music lesson so I was just sitting outside and then I saw James coming so I decided to hide but I heard you shouting so I came in." he said simply. "By the way, I would actually go for 'You belong with me'."

"Don't do that again! I don't like people listening to me sing!" I said. "And yeah, I was kind of leaning towards 'You belong with me'." I added with a small smile. I guess I should really be thanking him. I don't know what would have happened with James if he hadn't come in.