Chapter 7: Butterflies

"No. Absolutely not." Dean argues with Sam who is again on my side. "Dean, you're being so stupid right now. This is the perfect opportunity. We can both go with her. I don't understand your logic at all right now." Sam raises his voice slightly, his hands in the air.

"I'm being stupid? How about the both of you are being—".  I cut Dean off before he can finish this sentence, absolutely not having this argument at all. I am a hunter now. And I'm sick of him not allowing me to be one because he thinks I'm some fragile little girl.

"When are you gonna let me do my job?" I ask, crossing my arms in annoyance.

This entire time he's been blocking me off, leaving me out, and denying my requests

This entire time he's been blocking me off, leaving me out, and denying my requests. He isn't my boss, and he doesn't get to decide what is too dangerous and what isn't dangerous at all for me—that's for damn sure.

I stun him with this question for a moment and he stays quiet, his eyes just looking over at me as he thinks of what to say next. Silence fills the room.

 Silence fills the room

"Exactly. Agreed one hundred percent." Sam says, backing me up. "She's a hunter, Dean." He finishes. I raise a brow, tilting my head as I continue to wait for a response from Dean. He looks back and forth between Sam and I, taking a deep breath as he purses his lips together angrily. "Okay, fine. You're right. Both of you are." He says, pouting. His voice is quieter but I can tell from his demeanor he hasn't calmed down one bit. This man frustrates me to no end.

"We can go dress shopping tomorrow night." I say with a smirk as I uncross my arms, looking back and forth between Sam and Dean. "Uh, no thank you. I will not be partaking in that." Dean says as he rolls his eyes. He walks over to he and Sam's bed and plops himself down into it face first. Exhausted. It's been a long night. I look down at my phone to see the time says 3:30AM. Okay, it's definitely time to get some sleep.

"Okay, well, while you guys get some sleep I'm going to head down to the town's library and try to find some history I can research from." Dean lifts his head up from the pillow and raises a brow in confusion. "Can't that wait until morning?" He asks. "Not exactly, I can't sleep and, considering what you and Elena found I'm assuming this town has a lot more secrets than we think. I need to find out more on their family and see if there are any other incidents like this in this town. Especially if we're all going into their home at the end of this week." Sam explains. Dean takes a deep, tired breath and sighs. "All right, whatever. Just be careful." Sam nods as Dean says this, getting up from his chair and grabbing his coat.