Chapter 2

Rebecca's POV

I groaned at the exposure of the sun rays that hit my face once I woke up. This was never the most beautiful time of day. In fact, it was the worst. Opening both eyes at once, I realized I made a mistake. I knew it wasn't a good idea drinking at all last night. Lifting the comforter up to my face, I covered it above my head, as it covered the annoying light of a beautiful Sunday morning. Breathing slowly, I tried to doze off once more into a quiet slumber, but the smell of pancakes brought my body to move on its own and walk towards the kitchen.

"Morning, Bec." Jess spoke cheerily as she flipped a pancake on the stove. I groggily rubbed my eyes once more, as I walked over to her. What the hell was she doing up so early at...I looked at the clock that hung on the wall,and my eyes widened in contrast to their earlier state, the clock read 12:00pm. Holy Crap it was noon. I internally screamed.

"Why didn't you think of waking me up earlier?!?" I shot back as i made an exit back towards my room and began picking an outfit for the day. I was literally an hour and a half late to my shift at the local bookstore/cafe off campus. That job depended my life on it. Without it, I wouldn't be able to pay my half of our shared apartment.

"Calm yourself Bec, god, you we're hungover, I was hungover. We we're both hungover. Get over it. Now stop yelling, it really isn't helping my headache." She calmly responded as I walked into the kitchen jumping as I put a pair of jeans on.

"I was not hungover." I pressed, as I began to tie up my converse high tops. She looked at me quizzically before returning to her pancakes and sliding one onto a plate.

"Are you planning on staying for breakfast?" She asked.

"No, I'm late for my shift." I annoyingly replied as I began to make my way out the door.

"Okay," She replied. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my own car keys from the hanger and exited the door. What a morning.

-----------------------

Walking into the library, I settled my bag on the counter with enough force that could send a rocket ship out of this world. Everything was fine, until my drunken state left me and I remembered of last night's occurrences. One man who only took a couple hours to take over my mind completely. One man who wouldn't leave my mind as much as I hated it. One man, Matt Healy, as he called himself.

~Flashback~

"I never actually got your last name." I timidly spoke as I sipped from my Shirley Temple. He looked amused for an instant and gave me a cocky smirk. That smirk. He had been giving it to me various times throughout the time we spent we together, yet it always had the same affect on me.

"Healy." He replied. As he ran a hand through his hair, and kept his stare on me. "Matthew Healy." He repeated with more confidence. His eyes sparkled with some sort of sadness. Suddenly the entire situation changed and the atmosphere seemed a lot more sorrowful. "But I prefer to be called Matt," he added before he took a long drink out of the drink in his hand.

"And why is that Matt?" I inquired hoping to find out as much as I could of this man. I don't know what it was that gave me the actually courage to, but he intrigued me in a way that I hadn't felt about in a long time. Maybe it was because I hadn't been in a relationship for quite some time. Maybe I was just being indenial, I don't need to be in a relationship. No, what am I thinking?

"Umm." He shook his head as if he was battling with his thoughts whether he should say something or not. Maybe I was pushing it. "It's personal." He barely murmured for only my ears to hear. GIving him a faint smile, I did the most bravest move I've done the entire night. I rested my hand on his.