43. The Snapshot

It was late on a Saturday night and me and my friend were fooling around on my computer. I have this application where you can take pictures with different effects and edit them and stuff.

So we were taking turns snapping photos. When we used the thermal effect and took pictures, there was this red blob that appeared in the corner. I thought it was just the glare of the automatic flash and we took some more photos. The more photos we took the colder it got in the room and the creepier I began to feel.

The red blob continued to become more dynamic and the clearer the images became. As me and my friend looked closer, we began to see the face of a woman in a long outdated dress staring at our smiling faces from the corner of the room. Since me and my friend thought nothing of the blob we never thought to turn around and actually survey the room behind us.

As we then turned around we gasped at the image we saw. For in the corner of my dining room was a full figured apparition of an old woman, peering into our souls with pitch black pits, where her eyes should be.

We darted from the room and perched ourselves on the sofa across the house. The next morning we went back in to observe the scene. Apparently as we dashed from the room we had activated the video setting on the camera and we recorded ourselves dashing from the room. Then the old woman scrutinized my school pictures and she suddenly appeared before the computer and then she disappeared all of a sudden. Then the power went off in that room alone.

Since then, she has been seen roaming my halls and sometimes hanging over the edge of my bed and whispering to me...

Keep your friends close, and your entities closer >:)