As quick as it began..

What the hell is that noise? Oh, my phone. I should have known, endless tweets off fans saying they're happy for us. This time I don't mind everyone tweeting. Danny's still asleep as usual, so I head out to bring him a coffee. By the time I get back he's awake and on his phone. "So you've seen the tweets? I can't believe that many people wanted us to be together!" Danny just looks up at me, "Yeah, madness." Well that's strange. "I brought you coffee, soy milk latte."
"Thanks." Something must be wrong.
"What's the matter babe?" Danny sighs before replying, "I wanted to go public, I really did, but it's so much pressure. What about Jamie? People are tweeting saying you suit him better and you'd make a better couple. I don't know if I can do this." He gets on his feet, shots some clothes on and leaves. I wonder where we've seen that before?

This time I don't chase after him. I've done nothing wrong so he can't be mad at me, give him time. I finish my coffee, put on the morning news and try to take my mind off the situation. The morning rolls onto the afternoon, still no word from Danny. I'm starting to get worried but Danny's an adult, he's not stupid, he'll be fine. I switch channels and find an interesting documentary about the war. 10 minutes in there's a knock at the door, Danny's back. "Roy let's talk." Here we go.

We sit on the edge of the bed, Danny now drinking his cold coffee. "I don't think this is going to work. I love you but I think with people knowing it's going to be too hard. It's no ones fault, we agreed to go public and now I regret it." Was this kid serious? I'm upset, I'm angry, I have a million emotions rushing through my body. "You're really giving up on us because of the public?"
"Have you seen all the tweets? We are already getting watched like a hawk, our every move is being examined. It's only going to get worse."
"You don't know that. It could get better. Please Danny." I could tell this was really affecting him and I knew that deep down he didn't want to end things, but I could also see why he had to. "I'm sorry Roy, I really am." Fuck.

~@adoredelano "Me and Bianca are kind of going through some shit, please stop posting things about us. I love you guys."
I can't believe this is real, I'm numb right now. "So you're going back to Azusa?"
"Yeah, I think I need to spend time with my mom, you know, it's very that." I run my hands through Danny's hair, it's so soft, damn I'm going to miss him. He stands up, suitcase all packed. This is it. A tear is falling down Danny's face, I take my thumb and wipe it away. "I hope you figure things out, I'll be here when you're ready, and if you decide this is not what you want, that's fine too. I love you chola." This was so damn heartbreaking. "Thank you for everything babe, I love you too." We kissed for the last time, and then he was gone.