The Coffee Shop

Bryce

Raine

Raine

🌧️🌧️🌧️

🌧️🌧️🌧️

It was honestly the most cliche story, how I met him. It was a rainy day, the New York streets were filled with black umbrellas, each man and woman more interested in getting to their destination and not on the journey they were on to get there. It was late in the night of course so maybe that is why everyone's head lulled and the streets seemed so busy and yet so quiet.

I was walking with my black briefcase in my hand down the busy street, pushing through the white and black people. I liked to think of myself as a blue or maybe even a green but to everyone else I was most likely a white or a black. I didn't stand out. I was simply an average man- brown hair, blue eyes, and a long, tall frame. I wore the usual author attire of a white button-up and black pants finished with a pair of black boots that always seemed unlaced.

Did I mention I was an author?

I hurried down the wet sidewalk, anger tickling my spine at my ignorance. I had forgotten my umbrella at the office. I had this amazing idea at the end of my shift for a new book and it was like lightning shooting through me, sending me on my long walk home. The rain had greeted me halfway there.

I was soaking wet, my hair laid in my eyes no matter how much I wiped it away and my glasses were the hindrance of my being, only good for catching fat water droplets so I yanked them off and shoved them into my pocket. It was rough and I was beginning to shake. My wonderful story idea that had driven me into this weather long gone as I began to feel water in my shoes.

I sighed knowing it would never come back now. I stopped in the middle of the rude occupants of New York and suddenly caught sight of a flashing red sign. Black Bean. I could smell the intoxicating and quite welcoming smell of coffee tickle my nose beckoning me to come closer. The smell drove me into the small building and into the scarcely lit room.

There were small tables littered around the room, each chair, and table a different color. The wallpaper was a black canvas with big curly handwriting stating the specials. My eyes scanned more of the room had not expected such color from a black called Black Bean. The counter was a bright pink with multicolored mugs littering the counter, the display was full of bright donuts each one different than the rest, and lastly, the boy behind the counter was the brightest object of all.