"Fuck you. Why don't you do something useful and go suck off one of Rose's teacher rather then your asshole boss" Pulling his jacket from his chair, he kicked said chair away from himself as Nathaniel hastily stood in anger.

"Jude!"

"Fucking fag" Jude hissed as he grabbed his car keys from the china dish beside the door and left.

As Nathaniel followed Jude they each begun to shout excessively loud outside, leaving David and Rosemary in a heavy silence. "I shouldn't have brought it up" Rosemary swallowed before staring at David apologetically. "I'm sorry I mentioned the party" This time it was David's turn to roll his eyes.

"S'not your fault" He raised his arms suddenly and rolled his shoulders with a slight grimace, "Well all know Jude's a little overprotective" He winced again.

"Are you okay?"

"Just a bit sore. Had a 10 hour shift today" Both Nate and David worked at the Truck Depot further up Kansas Street, the building which Rosemary had failed to recognise when visiting the baseball field owned by the Trucker Brothers with Gretta.

"Here" Standing up, Rosemary softly stepped behind him and slid her hands over his lean shoulders, pressing her thumbs into the tight muscles pinching his neck.

His throat hitched for a second before she begun kneading her fingers into the knots, causing his shoulders to slacken and a long sigh to slip through his teeth. "Thanks Rose..." He mumbled, tilting his head back to rest on the small area between her breasts and stomach.

"No problem"

After ten minutes of her silently rubbing his shoulders, she rinsed the plates and bathed before retiring to her room upstairs.

One of the smaller rooms of the house, her room housed her bed which she'd made that morning, a desk which had been left in what she referred to as an 'organised mess', and her closed wardrobe, as well as an intensely large collection of pinned insects. Her pastel walls where filled with butterflies in display cases.

"Fuckwit" She muttered in anger as she quietly shut her door and leant against it in silence. She wasn't surprised Jude had been completely against her going, but it wasn't until several hours had passed that he returned to talk with her.

She heard him before she saw him, and smelt the stench of alcohol wafting of his breathe before he slid into bed beside her. Jude had quite obviously gone to a bar using the fake ID he'd brought from their last home.

"Jude?" Having already been asleep, Rosemary was startled to say the least when his arm hooked around her waist and pulled her against his stomach. The single crack of light which came from her door which he'd left being all the light she had to distinguish him.

"You're not going to the party..." He mumbled into her hair, his voice barely distinguishable. "I don't want you around all those boys"

Now aware of what was happening, she rolled her eyes before pulling her best pout and turning to face him, her large eyes staring up at him. "Please Jude?" His hand now resting on the waistband of her pyjama shorts. "I won't do anything wrong"

Eyes half-lidded, he stared down at her and chuckled, his hand trailing up her side to hold her cheek. "It's not you I'm worried about. You aren't going"

"Please?" She pulled herself closer to him her tired eyes glassy from the strain of staying awake.

"Don't look at me like that" He grimaced, knowing she was starting to change his mind. Leaning forward, she pressed herself against his chest and stomach, her hands resting on his chest. "Don't do that Ro..." Jude drawled, the hand which now encircled her tightening slightly.

"You could come with me?"

"Ro..." She rest her head on his shoulder before glancing at the long muscle which stretched along his slim neck. Tilting her chin up, she pressed a long, damp kiss on his collar, sucking slightly before pulling away with a slight smile. Jude sighed in approval, pulling her closer. The heat between them in the humidity of the house was making a fine sheen of sweat collect on Rosemary's arms and legs, as well as Jude's. She begun pecking small kisses along his collar and neck, innocently looking up at him.

"Please?"

"Fine" Slightly breathless, Jude relaxed against her and she snuggled closer into his arms, her eyelashes tickling his neck and making him shiver. "I'm going with you though" She nod before turning over so he faced her back. Rather then letting go, he slid his arm from her shoulder to hold on the shoulder pressed into the mattress, his arm resting between her breasts. "I love you Rosemary" Jude sighed, pressing a hot kiss against her bare neck,. She didn't respond, as he was unaware that already she was asleep once again.

•••