CM: Chapter Thirteen

[Ethan]

Its was finally Monday. None of us from the pack had gone to school and seeing the vice principal was from our pack, we were all able to get the day without it seeming weird or causing any alerts.

The whole place was a buzz as everyone went about doing last minute preparations.
Zack and I had spent the weekend together and it was just so refreshing to just hang out and just be us and put the past behind us. 

I was a bit excited myself seeing as my mom and I would be meeting the Alpha for the first time in years. Well,she had meet him before since they knew each other because of my dad.
I saw pictures of him before and heard all the stories about him and our Luna and it's just sad that this was the occasion we were going to meet under.

I knew deep down though weirdly that it was going to happen and bigger things were to come. I couldn't quiet put my finger on it but I know everyone in the the pack would stand together and fight what ever was to come.

"Ethan, come downstairs will you and help me move these supply boxes" I heard my mom yell, as if I couldn't hear her with a normal voice.

"Mom, your a werewolf, where is all that womanly strength gone?" I replied heading down the stairs as I heard her huff something about me being a smart mouth.

"You know, were wolf or not the boxes are heavy, so help me move them to the car will you" She said walking through the front door with two big boxes in hand.

We were apparently helping with setting up the tables for the party we were to have later. It was really important that everything was done.
Alphas from allied packs were visiting with a few of their members so it was going to be one big monster mash..

I picked up the remaining boxes which clearly proved my mom didn't need my help and packed them in the back of the car.
I saw a few of my friends from school bustling about with their parents and a few girls milling about and talking about what they would wear in the event they meet their mates.
I hadn't even thought about that, all this time. What if I did meet my mate tonight? 

With all these packs coming in someone is probably bound to get mated.

"Ethan, stop zoning out and get in, we have work to do." My mom said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I groaned, preparing myself for the brutal on slaughter of work ahead. I can bet Zack didn't have better luck that me,his mom was at the epicenter of all this madness and was a scary women when she was in planning and preparation mode.

..........
We finally arrived at the hug back yard behind our pack house.

 Well it was more like a field you ask me. It was were we would have the Luna's funeral and where we have our training done. The school training grounds weren't too far from here either.

It was good to see everyone working together and in a good mood. The Alpha wouldn't be here until around one pm and it was ten in the morning now.

I helped my mom take boxes and brought what she needed around the back where people were setting up big picnic tables that could hold about fifty people each. There were about eleven of those setup, with one set as the main table were the Alphas,their Luna's and Betas would be sitting around.
I saw Zack helping his brother lift one of the tables and decided to go help. I placed the boxes beside Dana one of the pack mothers.

"Hey Z, need some help?" I asked as I walked up to him.

He grunted in response as they placed the table down, he immediately wiped at the bead of sweat that had gathered on his brow.