Chapter Twenty two

Enzo's POV

"Now, unlike integration, differentiation is used to find the gradient of a line at a certain point on a graph. Our teacher's voice boomed into the classroom.
Our exams were coming up in the next few months, but I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. I was too concentrated and still thinking about the whole situation with Minho.  He's been trying to reach me so badly. I mute him on WhatsApp cause I kept receiving countless messages from him trying to explain things. To be honest it was annoying but I guess he just wanted to sort things out.

****************************************

"Okay. Stop eating my food now!" I whined to Nicole who had just stolen a 3rd chicken nugget from my plate.

Nicole raised an eyebrow.
"Geez, isn't that what friends are for?" She questioned, sounding absolutely serious.

My eyebrows raised in response.
"To provide you with food?" I asked, my voice full of genuine curiosity.

Nicole shook his head, a grin on her face.
"Well duh, that's friendship 101." I smiled dragging a hand through my hair.

Nicole Violet and Emma soon became engrossed in a conversation. I felt a heated presence behind me and quickly turned around to see Oliver staring hardly at me. I squirmed under his stare.

"May I help you?" I questioned, clearing my throat.

Oliver shook his head slowly.
"Nuh uh." He said. However this didn't stop his stares, and finally I gave into the question pressing in my mind.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Oliver's eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm thinking." He said scrunching his nose tightly.

I rolled my eyes.
"Well, don't hurt yourself too much." I said taking a bite out of my food.

"Are you into party's?" He asked while still staring at me.

"Er, dude why do you ask?" I look at him while frowning my brows.

"Cause I'm sure if you come tonight , Nicole will tag along too, and I'd like to spend time with her." He said honestly.

"I'm sorry but parties are shitty and I don't waste my time on them anymore." I look at him and fake a smile.

"Well what's so shitty about them?" He questioned, folding his arms.

I turned to him full on. The list I had for this question was just too long. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
"Loud music and sloppy dancing." I stated, a scoff escaping my mouth. I was pretty sure that Minho accounted for one of those sloppy dancers. Ugh, why am I still thinking of him?

Oliver smirked. An action that was quick to remind me of Minho. Ugh there I go again.
"Sloppy dancing is dancing at its best. No need to impress anyone, just letting the music take control of your body. It feels so... free."
He explained, rendering me speechless for a couple of seconds. I mean, it wasn't as if he had regurgitated Stephen Hawking's brain, but forming a complete sentence was probably a task for this dude. (Sorry Nicole)

I raised a slender eyebrow, turning my full attention to him.
"Well, yeah point taken, but you can't say the same for the alcohol-induced people, the sex-crazed morons and the vomiting psychos. Face it. A party is just a shitty excuse for fun; full of rowdy men and women acting like pre-pubescent teens who got let out after curfew for the first time." I argued against my point. I was not one to change my opinion, certainly not if the opposing side of argument held a view that included positive thoughts on sex and alcohol-both of which I held a displeasure towards.

Oliver laughed for the umpteenth time since I had laid eyes on his face. His body shook raucously before he turned to me.
"Don't you get it, Enzo?" That's just exactly it- the alcohol, the sex, the vomit- that's what makes a party fun and unique!" Oliver waved his arms exaggeratively as if he was swatting a flight.

I raised an eyebrow at his strangeness but- nevertheless- dismissed it.

"Forgive me, Oliver, for not seeing the fun side of all these things." I drawled, rolling my eyes- a clear indication that his blatant 'misperception of reality' was starting to tug hardly on the last of my nerves. However, my eye rolling was not classed as significant and- therefore- ignored.

Oliver cleared his throat loudly.
"You can't see the fun? Are you serious?
Alcohol helps forget the troubles of the day. Every stressful thing that's been bothering during the day can vanish instantly. And sex?! Sex helps vent the anger you feel towards those troubles into something worthwhile. It helps give people the pleasure they need after a long hard day." He said, his voice taking on a more passionate tone that, one can only guess, he has not used when talking about education.

I hesitated in my argument- a thing I'd never thought I'd be doing. Nevertheless I pressed further.
"And vomit?" I still do not see the fun side in that. I queried, raising an eyebrow.

At this Oliver shrugged casually, a lazy smile on his lips.
"To be honest with you, there's nothing fun about puking, but from experience- I can tell you that the fun thing is watching someone puke. Now that's entertainment." He chortled, slapping his thigh in a comical manner. I laughed along, although being fully aware that Oliver had won the argument that alcohol and sex wasn't such a bad idea.

"Join a nunnery Enzo!" Nicole hollered at me.

"It's gonna be fun bro." Oliver stated.

Maybe I needed to forget and get crazy.

And, with that in mind I told Oliver how excited I was for tonight's party.

Hey guys! I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for reading this, it means a lot. I have over 500 reads it might not mean a lot to others but it means a lot to me.

Q; Do you have any pet peeves?
A; I HATE it when people waste plastic bags like jeesh. Pack it in one bag not three. I don't need a separate bag for Cheetos.

With love
-INT(Enzo)