I gently turned the door knob and before I knew it, my eyes were burned. Abort mission. Why did I do this? 

I was so disgusted that I didn't even want to describe the scene. My plan of scaring the other person backfired as I was burned instead. Taking a step back, my boots made a silent click on the floor. Any normal person would not have heard that sound, especially with those moans and groans. I was sure that even if I had shouted the word 'fire', they would not hear me at all.

However, the guy who was in that room, snapped his had upwards and glared at me. I guessed I was proved wrong, if I shouted 'Fire', the guy might have heard it. The couple in the room were not fully naked, thankfully. Even though I was on a mission, it doesn't mean I couldn't check out people. This guy was hot, so hot that I could get a third degree burn just from looking at him. His eyes were dark greenish-blue and the moment it locked with mine, the dormant wolf within me awakened. 

Mate. Mate. Mate! She was saying.

Everything around us faded to nothing and the only thing that mattered was him. My mate.

Mates, also known as soulmates, are the only partners a werewolf could ever have. Each wolf in the world has a soul mate, some of the people are lucky enough find their mates. In my case, it is not.

The lady whose brown hair was spread out on the white bed, she was beautiful in her own way, with her supermodel features and somewhere in my heart, I felt envy for her looks and that she was having such an carefree life. Then, she seemed to notice that he was not paying any attention to her and spotted me. 

"Who are you?" Her high pitched voice snapped me out of trance.

All of a sudden, this does not seem fun anymore. My wolf was furious and betrayed and I was vaguely amused. The guy jumped out of bed immediately and words started to form from his perfectly sculpted mouth. I ignored my attraction to him and aimed the gun to his head.

Fate has a wicked sense of humor, I thought I was never going to meet my mate since I was already 19 and my job would never allow my feelings to be involved. But here I was meeting my mate for the first time and I was pointing a gun to his head.

Just as I was about to pull the trigger, my wolf took control. She directed the gun at the window next to the guy just as the trigger was released. I am not weak and pathetic I thought as I struggled to take control of my own body. Glass pieces were all over the place and the brunette on his bed was screaming in horror. He ran towards me and pinned my arms against the wall, disarming me in the process. Sparks ignited when his skin contacted mine. Damn it, why do I have a player as a mate? Not that I wanted him.

I kicked him in the stomach and his grip on me loosened and I took this chance to pick up my gun and dashed out of the house. I ran past a few blocks, back into the safety of my car. Without a second glance back, I sped away. I removed my black face mask and threw it onto the passenger seat in anger.

I failed the mission. I missed the target. I was weak. This was embarrassing. Of all times, I had to find my mate too. 

Seething with anger, I slammed my hands on the steering wheel. I could not be weak, it would not happen again. Count him lucky, because the next time I see him, I won't be lenient.

Until then, I have to face the wrath of Uncle Simon.

*

"Lisa, so nice of you to pay me a visit" he drawled, leaning into his soft black chair. I kept my eyes low and apologised.

"A failed mission. Should I applaud you for that? You're a useless piece of rubbish" his voice going another octave lower.

He walked over and slapped hard on the left side of my face. My wolf was unhappy someone was hurting me. If you didn't appear, I wouldn't be in this mess, I thought to my wolf. He was about to give me another slap when a phone rang interrupting his 'punishment'. He was listening intently to the speaker on the other side of the phone and the glint in his eyes told me that he had a plan. A bad one.

After hanging up the phone, he smiled at me. "I have another mission for you Lisa. Fail this and you will not have another chance." I caught the double meaning in his words. 

"Apparently someone has hired us to protect the man whom you've failed to take out. You'll have to stay in house and pretend to protect him but when you get the chance, kill him" He ended the statement with laughter. This would benefit Uncle Simon the most, earning both parties' money. My wolf was excited to see her mate again but I was annoyed, he would remind me of my failure and not to mention I caught him in a compromising position.

That reminds me, "Uncle?" He knew about wolves because he was one too.

"That target is a wolf, he would recognise my scent" I said, leaving out the mate part.

"Go to Tris, he'll know what to do. Oh and you have one month to complete this." he said, dismissing me. I can do this in one week.

I made my way down to the 30th floor, also known as the gadget floor. "Tris!" I yelled, when I spotted him. I ran over and gave him a tight hug. He was my only friend in this cold building, I could only be myself when I'm with him. He had crew cut blond hair and abs that would make other woman drool. Not me though, he was like my brother. He pretended to pry me off him and said "I know you love me but this is creepy"

I stuck out my tongue at him and got down to business. "I need something to change my eye colour and scent" I stated. The good thing was that half the people working here were werewolf and Tris was one of them. He took out a black metal box and placed it on his table.

Inside the box, there were about 10 small bottles and 10 small syringes. "This eye drop will change your eye colour from blue to grey. One drop per day. Currently we are working on the liquid to make it last longer but for now you'll have to do with it." He said, pointing to the small 10 bottles.

"The syringe contains a special type of liquid that can mask your scent. You can inject this once a week." He continued. I knew about all these as this was not my first time using it. I had to deal with quite a number of werewolves and this was what I used. But this time the way Tris had phrased it, made it sound like I was going to be gone for more than a week.

"Also, these are silver bullet and dagger for you" A wolf greatest weakness is silver. Tris gave me a tight bear hug and whispered "Be careful and good luck, you need it."

"I will and thanks" I replied, returning the hug. I wondered why he suddenly said those words...

After finishing whatever preparation I needed to do - changing my hair and eye colour and tweaking with my scent, I was on my way to the address Uncle Simon gave me.

I need to complete my mission, mate or not, here I come.

________________________________

Hi! This is the first werewolf story I'm writing, and I hope it will turn out fine. Anyway, tell me what you think! :D