Epilogue

I woke up to the unusual sensation of something wet grazing my toes. I opened my eyes slowly as to adjust to the lighting in the room and witnessed Taehyung entirely focused with a tongue out, painting my toe-nails. I furrowed my eyebrows and lifted my foot softly from his process. Taehyung layed back in shock and quickly put the nail polish away, sitting in his seat innocently. "What... the... heck... were you-- know what? Just forget it."
Taehyung gave a playful guilty look as he apologized childly. "Sorry, Agent Kang."
"You're not sorry." I remarked.
"Yeah, you're right; I'm not." Taehyung chuckled as he confessed, a square smile revealing. I laughed in unbelief and relaxed into my hospital bed. "How are you feeling?" Taehyung asked as he felt my head. "You have been in here for two weeks."
"Two weeks?" I asked in shock.
"Yeah, and it seems like you're suffering from amnesia. You can't seem to remember much."
"I don't..." I confessed. "But I remember Joon Jae."
"He and the driver both drowned themselves in Han River. They found the bodies on Thursday."
I sighed and looked at Taehyung, taking his hand and pulling him close, but were interrupted by Jimin and Jungkook whistling and entering the room. "Well, look who woke up!"
"It's Taehyung's bulletshield!" J-Hope said over Jimin's shoulder while making theme music and jumping around the room, Jimin pointing at him and laughing.
Taehyung showed a slight smile. "Yah, you guys are too loud and she needs rest."
"After we thank her for all her work." Mr. Bang walked into the room followed by Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi with flowers with cards and tons and tons of food.
"Thank you for your service!" All the members, including Mr. Bang, exclaimed gratefully in unison.
"Is all this for me?" I asked, my voice tinted with sweet gratitude and surprise.
"Mm," Yoongi confirmed. "Thank you."
"No, thank you! This was so thoughtful."
"Taehyung didn't do anything!" Jin said in exasperation. "He said you don't like this stuff..."
I smirked and bowed once more in thanks. Taehyung's face went red with jealousy. "Yah, yah, I'm giving her a different surprise, so leave already."
The members laughed and waved goodbye, as did Mr. Bang. Taehyung sat on the edge of the bed and began massaging my hands. "We never found out why Joon Jae wanted to kill you..."
"Probably because I'm so drop-dead gorgeous." Taehyung smirked proudly.
"Right..." The smile on my lips were drooping down to form a frown slowly.
"What is it?" Taehyung asked while running his hand through my hair.
"Mm... remember that night when you asked me, before you left, if I locked my door, it would lock my heart as well?"
Taehyung looked around with content. "Yeah, I do."
"Why did you lock the door?"
Taehyung took a deep breath and cupped one hand over my left cheek with a gentle smile. "Because I knew I was already in your heart. I didn't want another man to make his way into it also. That's why I locked it."
I looked down and blushed at his smooth response and looked back at his dazzling smile. "What was the surprise you have for me, Mr. Kim?"
"Hmm... well, Miss Coffee Stain, you get to leave the hospital today, so... anything you want to do?"
I smiled at his invitation and thought about it wisely. "I know what I want." Taehyung raised a questioning eyebrow. "Strawberry cake."

The End.

It's Definitely Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें