Birthday Surprise Pt. 1

"Chief," I walked in the cool, dark night to meet my boss at his car. He turned to face me, a cigarette in his mouth while studying my facial features. He took the cigarette out of his mouth slowly. "You asked to meet me?" At first he just stood there, staring me down, then motioned me into the car. I looked out to the black, distant road, an annoyed expression on my face and climbed into the back seat, followed by Chief.
"Do you know why I'm here?"
"No," I said flatly. "No, I don't." He flicked a folder onto my lap, folding his arms and looking out the window on the door. I uncrossed my arms and opened the folder. There were papers and photographs; photographs from earlier when we had reporters come and visit, and the papers were articles from the event. There was a picture of me standing beside Taehyung, leaning in to inform him it was time to leave; a picture of Joon Jae pulling me away from the reporter who grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the crowd of reporters and fans; and a picture of Jin picking me up from off the ground. I closed the folder and put a finger to my upper lip. Chief took the folder from off my lap, putting everything back in place neatly.
"You know what this means, right?"
"I'm drawing too much attention?" I asked, my tone heavy.
"Precisely." He confirmed. "And do you know what will happen if you draw too much attention to yourself, especially in this situation?"
"I'll be fired?"
"Precisely." Again, he confirmed. "Mr. Bang is concerned for his Boys, and you aren't diminishing the problem-- you're causing new ones for everyone." I looked over at him, he was putting the cigarette back in his mouth. I turned my head, now looking out at the parked cars in front of us.
"Are we done?" He continued to sit in silence, most likely ignoring my question. I rolled my eyes and put my hand on the doors handle. Trying to pull on it to open the door, the driver in front of Chief locked the door.
"Don't slip up again," I kept my eyes fixated on the doors lock. "Or I'll pull you from your position."
Silence fell over us, once again. "Yah. Unlock the door." I glanced at the driver, looking at his reflection through the rear view mirror. He also glanced at me through the mirror and unlocked the car. I yanked the handle hard and left the vehicle with a slam of the door. I walked across the parking lot and into the building, a blank expression on my face. Who knew this assignment would create such a fuss.

Two weeks later...

"Five, six, seven, eight." Namjoon counted the steps out loud as they were practicing a new dance for one of their "comeback" songs. Jungkook was now in the middle singing along to the song and showing off his dance solo. For a pretty shy guy, he sure can transform into one heck of a dancer, giving his all into his moves no matter who was watching.
Most the members weren't focusing on practicing the dance. Instead they were hitting each other, teasing, tackling and laughing till their stomachs couldn't take any more squeezing. Taehyung was ruffling Jungkook's hair into a mess, finding it humorous, whereas Jungkook wasn't enjoying it so much. "Hyung, I just got my hair looking good." Jungkook complained.
"You always look good." Taehyung winked at the member, earning a kick to his leg as a response. Taehyung laughed at Jungkook then layed on the couch over on the other side of the room. He was clutching his stomach, wincing. I eyed him suspiciously as I walked over to him to check on his condition.
"Mr. Kim, are you feeling okay?"
He sat up a little, inaudible whimpers escaping his lips. "Do you have any medicine I could take for stomach pain?"
"Stomach pain-- why are you experiencing stomach pain?" I asked, my voice rising to a panic, making him feel uneasy.
"Don't worry; there's nothing wrong. I probably just ate something bad."
My eyebrows furrowed as I contemplated his assumption. "Okay. I'll get something from headquarters. We'll go stop at the private nurses office and make sure nothing really is wrong before the comeback." He smiled and stood up to join the members. "Mr. Kim, I think you should--"
"Stop your fretting; I'll be fine." He pinched my cheek, earning a scowl from me. "Oh! Look at you worrying about me--"
"I'm worried about my job. In case you didn't realize, you're my client-- my responsibility." He just smirked and started to mess with my hair. I tried to remove his hands from out of my hair, but the contact of our hands touching one another's made us come to a awkward pause. He hesitantly pulled his hands back, and I started to brush my hair down with my fingers. I cleared my throat before I started to protest. "Yah. You shouldn't mess with a woman's hair," He started rubbing his hands slowly. "It's aggravating." I stole a quick glance at Taehyung, then I looked over to see the Boys still being rowdy and chaotic. "I'll, uh, go get your medicine."
"Arraso," He started walking towards the others. "Gamowo."