Nick Channing Wished Me

"Ready Carey?" Rachel asks me as she walks into my room while I put on the finishing touches of make-up on my face. I never really put on a lot of it but I think tonight is an exception, I was EIGHTEEN. FINALLY.

Rachel wanted to have dinner with me at this posh restaurant that we never really went to before. The only reason we could afford going there was because we both had jobs over the summer and we saved the money from there along with the pocket money we occasionally got from our parents.

The waiter took us to our reserved table for two and left us with the menu.

"Let's order drinks first?" Rachel asks me and I nod.

I skim through the leather book in my hand and gasp, "The drinks are so effing expensive! I could have almost three full meals at the diner Rach."

She chuckled and said, "Come on Carey, live a little."

After we both ordered our drinks (I ordered the cheapest one there which was a diet coke with ice, I bet the glass was only half way filled with coke and it reached the brim because of the ice.)

"Shit! I left my phone at your house." Rachel tells me rummaging through her bag, "Do you mind if we leave?"

"No not at all. Let's go." I say.

"I'm so sorry Carey."

"It's alright, I was bored anyway."

We took a cab back half way cause my shoes weren't ones that were used to walk long distances. As we approached the door I asked Rachel for the keys, she handed me her purse as she kicked her stilettos off.

I put my hand in and something hard instantly reached my grasp. It was a phone.

I took it out and it was Rachel's. Turning around she saw the phone in my hand and raised her eyes.

"Oops?" She said and smiled.

"Oops? Really?" I asked her and got my keys and pushed the door open unlocking it first.

The lights were off but I knew my own house to I went over to the living room to reach the switch and flipped them on.

"SURPRISE!"

There were people everywhere, not just people, kids from school. People that I didn't know would even know me.

At the back there was a large 'Happy Birthday' poster. I turned back to look at Rachel who was grinning at me, "Happy birthday?"

Was I happy? Was I upset? I don't know, I think I was both.

Random people came up to me and wished me with their fake ass smiles which i returned equally as fake.

"How did you even pull this off?" I ask Rachel.

"Well you know your brothers are pretty popular right?" She said and gave me drink.
The music was already on and people were dancing.

"What about my dad? He would never agree to this!" I say loudly over the really loud music.

Rachel ignored my words.

"Just have fun." She said and left me alone in the middle of my crowded living room.

I walked around and people were still wishing me. I noticed that a lot of them were drunk, there were girls and boys dancing with each other, a little too close I might add.

I feel someone tap my shoulder and I turn around.
And there he was, the one and only, Nick Channing. Standing in front of me with a shy smile and his beautiful brown eyes.

"Carson right?" I nod being speechless. Oh my god, he's talking to me.
Him, Nick Channing, was really talking to me.

"Happy birthday!" He says and envelops me in a f.ucking hug!

Wait, did I put on some perfume earlier? Oh god I hope I did.

"Uh-I, Yea-I thanks?" I stutter. He winks and goes off towards the kegs in the kitchen. When did the kegs even arrive??

I need to find Rachel and tell her everything.
I frantically move around my house to search for her, only to find her with some guys scratch that with my brother's tongue down her throat, oh my god, ew. I knew there was something between them, okay I need a drink.
I mix whatever I can find and gulp it down.
"Hey hey, slow down. I know it's your birthday and all but still you need to take it slow." Nick appears next to me smiling.

I can already feel the alcohol kicking in, "Wanna go upstairs?" I ask without thinking, So I guess alcohol makes me brave. Nicccccccce.

He nods, so I take his hand and guide him up the stairs.

"Sooooo this is my room." I say as I open the door. We both enter and he looks around.

"It's cute, just like you." he smiles.

Did Nick just call me cute. This is the best day of my entire existence!!!

I blush and mumble a thank you.

He sits on my bed and pats a place on the bed next to him.

"So I'm guessing your parents are out of town?"

"Lol no. My dad's at work and my mom's dead." I say casually.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't kn-."

"Yeah its alright." I cut him off.

"You're in my math class right?" He asks after a while of silence.

"Yea."

"You sit on the first row."

Did this fucker notice me all this while???

"Yeah, wow. I didn't think you'd know that." I say.

"I didn't. When I got the text about the party I asked around to see who you were."

Ouch. "Oh."

"Soooo. Do you wanna dance?" I ask, again without thinking. My sober self must have face palmed herself a million times, but she ain't in control no more.

"Sure." He says and takes my hand.
We dance slowly despite the edm track that could be heard playing downstairs.

We swayed slowly, it felt so good. Alcohol made me confident. I need to have that shit more often.

I look up at him to find him staring down at me.
Oh those eyes, I could get lost in them.

I lean in and kiss him. Oh god my first kiss is Nick Channing! I repeat Nick Channing is my first kiss.

He pulled away and looked at me confused.

"I'm sorry but I can't." He said.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not attracted to you." He said, okay that hurt.

"I mean, you're cute and everything but I'm not int-"

"Yeah I get it." I say annoyed.

"No, no you don't. I'm attracted to guys Carson." He said and after a while he continued,

"I'm gay."

Did he just tell me he's gay?

"You're the first person I told this to. Oh my god. Please don't tell anyone. I'm sorry I have to go."

He says and rushed out the door.

Well shit, my first kiss was with my so called crush and it turns out he's gay.

Wow. Thank you god and mom you both must be having a great laugh right now.

Sigh. My life is amazing.

Well happy eighteenth Carey!!

F.uck it. I took a sip of my remaining drink.

He was just a Crush anyway.

And yeah, about that wish; it didn't come true.

*

Thank you so much for reading the book! Please vote! :) x