Fear

Chapter 2

~Nova's POV~

The Alpha's grip on me tightened, his bulky arms curling around my small and battered frame.

"P-Please. I don't wanna die!" I managed to sputter out. Tears prickling my eyes as his grip loosened, allowing me to breathe. The look on his face for some odd reason made my heart crumble. He had hurt and worry in his eyes, it was crystal clear.

This Alpha, was my Mate.

The problem was, I knew nothing about mates, just that every wolf had one. I was told my Mate would reject me and ruin my life, using me every second of it until I finally died.

I didn't seem like it, this man was staring at me, in complete adoration and awe. It terrified me.

"I'm not going to hurt you, ever, I'm so sorry my Little Mate." He said in a soft whisper, before ever so slowing pulling me back into an embracing, bone crushing hug.

The Alpha turned away from his pack members, who were watching me in awe. He took large strides towards an extremely large house, my eyes widened. I began thrashing around in his arms.

"No no no! Please! I'll do anything I can't- I don't want to be tortured!" I cried, my pleading words I practically screamed out made him freeze. His large hand gently cupped my face.

"I will never ever hurt you, I promise." My eyes were wide and filled with tears.

"What's your name?"

"N-Nova.."

"Well Nova, I pinky promise I will never hurt you." He said with a smile, holding out his pinky. I slowly linked my pinky with his. "What's your name Alpha?"

His low growl scared me, causing me to yelp. "Don't call me Alpha, my name is Xavier."

He buried his head into the crook of my neck and breathed my scent in. "Vanilla sugar and roses." He murmured, planting a kiss on my neck.

I smiled, I actually smiled for once in my life. Though it quickly faded when he ran us both into the large house, and my iron grip latched onto his shirt. A small shriek escaped my lips.

"Nova, princess."

I looked up.

"I promised."

I nodded and slowly released him, and slid down off of him. He held my hand as he walked up the stair case, leading me to a rather large room. There were windows and a bathroom, a large closet, bean bag chairs, a couch, a tv, and then what caught my attention was the terrace. With a grin I ran towards it, opening up the sliding glass doors and slipping outside, my hands gripping the iron railings.

I inhaled, staring up at the stars and moon, I hadn't even noticed it was dark. I was so caught up in Xavier's presence. Hands wrapped around my waist and sparks shot through my body.

"It's so beautiful." I whispered, finally realizing what I've missed.

"Not as beautiful as you Nova." He murmured, planting a kiss on the top of my head. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, and I ducked my head down.

"No need to be shy love." Xavier chuckled.

"I can't help it. I don't understand affection very well." I whispered and he let out a heavy sigh.

"Who did this to you?"

"My Alpha."

"The pack name Nova.."

"Oh!"

"You gonna Tell me?"

"Yeah."

There was a minute of silence.

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Oh! Yea, the packs name is The Emerald Sun Pack."

"That's interesting name."

I let out a laugh, something I haven't done in a few years. Honestly it's a wonder I'm not mute. Xavier grinned, clearly happy that I made that noise.

"I'll protect you Nova.."

"Nova Moon."

He tilted his head in confusion.

"My full name is Nova Moon."

"My full name is Alpha Xavier Lane. Your name is Luna Nova Moon."

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. No way, no way am I the Luna. I'm an Omega!

"That's not possible.." I muttered, rubbing my temples, attempting to cure my throbbing headache.

"I'm an Omega Xavier.."

"You're my Mate, Im the Alpha. That makes you the Luna of the Blue Moon Pack."

I staggered backwards, my breathing was rapid. Before I even knew what was happening my vision went black and Xavier swore under his breath.