Chapter 10

-------------------------

"You don't have to lie to me, by the way. I won't tell anyone," Sun-mi whined for the hundredth time in under a second. 

It was too early in the morning for you to deal with any blaring noises. The school's hallway was the home of circulating gossips and loud chatters, it gave you a headache once you set foot inside already. Not to mention that Chanyeol kept you awake for more than you could handle.

"You asked me more than once on several occasions, I don't have to repeat myself!" you stomped your foot real hard against the solid ground. "I don't like him like that. Platonically, yes. Romantically, of course not."

"He literally asked you out, but you're too oblivious to notice."

"No...he just wants to hang out. And I'm sure he doesn't see me as anything more than a friend."

Your behavior was enough to leave her sulking and muttering under her breath. "I promise you I'm not lying," your tone lowered to something more calm and trusting to reassure her.

"So why do you think he wanted me and Baekhyun to tag along?" the corner of her mouth quirked up.

You took a moment or two to mull over the question. "Maybe he wants to hang out with Baekhyun," your answer wasn't convincing enough even to you.

"Mhm, maybe," she shrugged playfully, knowing full well that you don't believe your own words.

.

The sun shone brightly over the tall school building, shedding its warmth and light over every spot. You stood in a sun-lit ground, hoping for anyone to show up and keep you company. Your exams were coming to an end and the thought alone made your stomach twist and turn. Everyone around you was already coming up with plans to spend their vacation, but you were here glued to the ground, sweating over that day you go out with Chanyeol. 

Sun-mi was able to get through to you .

"Hey, hey!" Min-seok cheered from a distance while approaching you with fast pace.

Chen casually placed a hand on his friend's shoulder and gave his usual amiable smile. The three of you confirming your exam answers with one another, hoping for them to be somewhat alike. It wasn't until Kyungsoo had joined that Chen changed the topic.

"Chanyeol told me he's going out with you, Baekhyun and Sun-mi," he mentioned. 

Min-seok dramatically placed a hand over his lips, feigning astonishment. "You're going out without us?!"

You already knew how this conversation would go, it played in your head more than once that every word you were about to utter was figured out. But for this part of the talk you only nodded.

"You know, you and Chanyeol would probably be the ones hanging out."

Chen's face paled on hearing those words. "D...don't say that!"

You were standing looking at the three in front of you, waiting for one of them to voluntarily explain what they were talking about. "What are you talking about? What does that even mean?" You finally asked instead of standing like you're invisible.

"Nothing important really, you know how Sun-mi and Baekhyun always show up late to gatherings. You and Chanyeol would spend most of the day together and they still wouldn't have arrived."

-----------------------------

A/N:

Hello, everyone! Eid Mubarak! <3

Stay safe, everyone. And if any of you could spread awareness of what's been happening in Palestine, Philippines, India, and every other country please do. Let's stand together through these hard times.

(wait for ✨chapter 11✨)