𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬' 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭

In the morning, Bree was a bit shocked to see a man sleeping in her living room without a shirt but that was before remembering last night. It was only Chris.

She sighed, not sure what to think about him already spending a night at her home. Should she comment it somehow?

She decided against it, not wanting to make things awkward again. She went to wake Quentin up first, thinking that Chris could sleep as long as possible because he wasn't in a hurry like they were. She wondered whether she could let him stay there after she and Quentin left.

He looked so calm and cute, sleeping on the couch like a little boy. The light brown sofa was made for three people but it still looked too short compared to Chris' tall figure. He had a red blanket covering his body up to his ears. She let out a quiet giggle when she saw his open mouth and she wondered if there a bit drool too.

She smiled at that, he really did look like an innocent little boy while sleeping and decided that it would be a crime to wake him up so early for nothing. As she ate breakfast with Quentin, who luckily was good at whispering, she wrote a note for Chris where read:

Good morning, sleepyhead. We already left but I didn't want to wake you up. There's breakfast in the fridge and you can stay there as long as you want. I trust you not to destroy the house.

Ps. Your drool is all over my carpet.

She and Quentin finished eating and she told him to get ready for kindergarten and do his morning routine while she did the same. Twenty minutes later they left, leaving a sleeping man in their living room, both tired but that didn't stop them from singing in the car.

After driving Quentin to kindergarten, she left to teach biology to a group of teenagers. She was in a good mood. Teaching had always been something she enjoyed, especially when the subject was something she found very interesting and easy to talk about, but even that hadn't been able to make her smile like that before.

So what was so different about that day? Without even trying, her thoughts went back to Chris sleeping at her home. It has been so long since she has thought of someone else but Xavier. Now that it happened, she did what she always did and overthought everything so much that in the end, she ended up having a killing headache.

As hours went by, no one was able to make her feel less happy, not even the worst kinds of students or nosy teachers. When she got a call on her lunch break, she accepted it with a smile on her face.

"I need you with me tonight!" Victoria yelled on the phone before Bree could even say a simple 'hello'. She frowned at the sound of her voice and wondered if she was trying not to cry.

"I'm single again and we need to go out. You, me and Sofia. Oh, and Savannah too. She's cool enough. Tonight is a night without any guy, they're all fucking losers except our guys but they suck sometimes too."

"What happened with Lance? Did he hurt you?" Bree questioned, worried about her friend breaking up with another man and getting hurt again.

"Don't even mention that asshole. Luckily I don't need to see or hear him anymore, he can go to hell if it was up to me. But tonight, be ready at eight."

She bit her lip while wondering should she leave or not. "I don't think so. I can't leave Q alone at home."

It had been such a long time when Bree was out just having fun and the thought of spending time with her friends sounded fun. That surprised herself too because if Vicky called about a year ago, she would have said no without thinking twice and stayed home with Quentin.

"Just call Chris, he would leave anything for you or your kid so no need to worry about babysitters."

"That's not true!" she forced out a laugh but started to feel a bit uncomfortable as her friend explained how she had Chris wrapped around her finger.