𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

The plan was easy. They would go to the coffee shop and talk about the issue that happened almost six long years ago step by step, ask questions and have a nice, uncomfortable and very important conversation so it wouldn't bother any of their minds again.

It sounded so easy that she almost believed that nothing could go wrong but that was too much to ask for. The first thing was Quentin who was waiting for his mother at the kindergarten so obviously, she didn't have time for their little chat at the moment.

When it was time to decide what to do after that, it didn't take many minutes for the two men to start an argument in the middle of the street. One suggested waiting until Bree would be back with Quentin while one disagreed, saying that it wouldn't be a good idea to have a four-years-old listening to this conversation.

After listening to the two grown-up adults fighting like idiots, Bree got tired of their childish behavior. "Why don't we just go to kindergarten and go to my house afterward and talk there? I mean, it would take time to go through everything because you both are brainless idiots."

Both Chris and Wesley agreed surprisedly fast but she didn't care. She was tired and really not in the mood to talk about something that happened such a long time ago but it would be silly to tell both men to leave. Besides, poor Chris looked so lost and it was easy to tell that he really didn't remember much, if anything.

As soon as this conversation would be over, the better it would be to all of them. And hopefully, Wesley would learn to forgive like she did because no matter what, they both were important to her in a different way. Above all, she wanted her son to meet a man who used to be her best friend and today was a perfect opportunity for that.

She was leading them to the kindergarten where it didn't long for little Quentin to run into his mother's car and explain everything he did since they last saw each other. When Bree told him that they had quests, the four years old knew immediately that she was talking about Chris who he seemed to be very excited to meet and play with again.

Then it turned into a guessing game when she informed that they didn't have only one but two quests. Quentin listed pretty much everyone they knew but how could he know about a man who he hadn't even met or heard about before?

Not even an hour later all four were sitting in Bree's living room. It didn't take long for her little boy to like Wesley who acted like he had been in their lives all these years. Of course, Chris wasn't all forgotten. He was sitting quite close to Bree, barely even giving her any space to breathe.

The amount of affection that he was giving her was new for her since he hadn't been this touchy before. Although she wasn't about to have a panic attack, she would have felt more comfortable if his hands wouldn't have touched hers in the most intense yet innocent way.

There had been few times when Wesley had turned to look at them and giving strange looks. At first, she had put the blame on her imagination but now she wasn't so sure about that. While watching him and Quentin talking about something that she had already forgotten due to her thoughts and being so close to Chris.

She thought that she had done something wrong because of the way Wesley was watching her. She tried to read him and have a clue about his thoughts like she was able to do so many times in the past but got nothing. She was always able to tell quite well what he was feeling or thinking when things were still good between them in high school.

Soon Quentin got bored and wanted to watch cartoons. Adults left to the kitchen to finally had the long-awaited conversation about pretty much everything where she expected both men speak and tell about their thoughts.

But no, all they did was avoid looking at each one's eyes and then two pair of eyes stared at her. That's how the evening went by, her going from one subject to another and asking their opinion, apology, forgiveness, explanation and everything between.