𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

She was reading a bedtime story for Quentin who was already half-asleep. Her poor child got tired after meeting new people and walking a lot. She looked down at her child laying on the bed, prepared to sleep. Only the sight of him was able to make her smile just like his father used to do.

"Mommy, can two boys kiss?" Bree was more than surprised by Quentin's question and it took her a while to get over it and find the right words.

"Of course they can. Everyone is free to be with whoever they want, no matter gender. You should remember that in the future," she explained, wondering where this conversation was going.

"So, can I kiss Benjamin flom my class if I want? Just like Joey kissed Kenneth in uncle Blett's house." Oh. Oh. Well, if her son wanted to kiss a boy, he could kiss a boy. She just hoped that the kissing part came later.

"Sure, you can if he wants that too. But maybe it would be better if you wait for later to get your first kiss, it's kind of special thing," she explained while remembering her own drunken first kiss with Xavier. "What made you think about this?"

"They looked like you and Daddy when you kissed befole he went to heaven," he explained, looking as innocent as a puppy. That's how the conversation turned into trying to explain the basic things about the love that wasn't too much information for such a young child.

Just like Xavier, Bree wanted their first and only child to be a good person who would hopefully find his own soulmate as they did. To be completely honest, she hoped that he would make better choices than she did. She wasn't proud of her high school experience and the way she acted there.

She was still a bit skeptical about Chris and their nondate tomorrow but decided not to think about it too much. A fresh start, Bree though in her mind and smiled.

With that in mind, she told him about going to the zoo tomorrow with Chris just before he had fallen asleep. Honestly, she wasn't sure if he was more excited to see the man again or the animals.

🌺🌺🌺

They ended up going to Central Park Zoo which was full of Quentin's favorite animals. He was excited to see the monkeys, bears and snow leopards and everything that there was. Bree was the one who drove them there since Chris didn't have a car here in New York.

She was having a hard time believing that someone was able to live here without a car. When she asked that out loud, Chris simply asked what was the point to have a car when his plan was to leave soon. He still didn't know when he was leaving back to Colorado where his car was waiting to be used.

They were now in the car, she was driving and Chris sat next to him trying to find something nice to listen while Quentin kept telling his own suggestions from the backseat.

It was safe to say that even though he might be a stubborn man, he was nothing compared to Quentin. She smiled as he gave up after Quentin gave him the famous puppy eyes that had made so many people give him whatever he wanted.

So, for the rest of the drive, the car was filled with the soundtrack from his favorite Disney movies. Bree could see that Chris wanted to say a lot of things but luckily he stayed quiet and let the little boy enjoy the music.

She even saw him looking at Quentin a few times with a smile and sang along with him quietly as if trying to hide it from her. She rolled her eyes but instead of saying anything that would stop him from doing that, she focused on the road and noticed that it was going to be a beautiful, sunny day.

Quentin was out of the car the second Bree helped him to get off the seatbelt and was running towards the zoo with his tiny legs. It was surprisingly hard for Bree and Chris to catch him before he got lost in the crowd.