𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲

Chris made a promise that he wasn't planning to break. Not today, tomorrow or ever. She understood what he meant no matter how much he made a fool of himself.

He had accepted that he had feelings for Bree. Even though it sounded pretty impossible but without a doubt he would do pretty much anything for her.

It had been a week since the day when he accidentally said the words that almost ruined every chance that he had with her.

Seven days, one hundred and sixty-eight hours, ten thousand and eighty minutes and he had spent every day with them. Of course he slept in his house and some days ate breakfast and lunch there but that was it.

Despite Bree's opinion of not spending too much time together, he wanted to be with her now that he had promised to make her happy. He couldn't do that if they were in different houses, could he?

They were now in his home which was a bit unusual since they spent most of the time at theirs. He had wanted them to meet his friends again to have fun and try to forget Brett in the hospital even just for a while.

He hadn't told his roommate everything about his new relationship with Bree which wasn't even a real one but for him, it was enough. Patrick only knew that the red-haired woman and her child were the reason why he was so little at home these days.

All four of them were now playing a boarding game Patrick had found that hadn't been used in years. The game was made for small kids but they still managed to play for twenty minutes already.

Bree and Patrick had lost a long time ago so all they could do was watch as a grown-up man took the game as seriously as the four-years-old.

"Noooo, you can't do that!" Quentin looked horrified as Chris won the game and started to change the pawns so it looked like he was the real winner. "Mom, look! I won!"

Bree laughed at her son's childish behavior and the need to be the best at everything just like his father. "But it wasn't a fair win, sweetie. Cheating is wrong and no one wants to play with you anymore if you do that."

That made Quentin change the things the way it was so Chris was the winner again, still not looking happy about that. Even Patrick tried to make him feel better as he saw that he was really upset about losing the game, saying that Quentin should be happy that he wasn't the fourth and the biggest loser that he ended up being.

"We can play again and then you can kick my ass!" Chris said but then he noticed the look that his friend was giving him and understood the message.

His face fell, knowing that he wouldn't be able to keep the promise that he gave only a few seconds ago. He wanted to keep playing with Quentin but knew that he needed to leave now if he wanted to be at his destination in time. He wished that his plan would work and do its magic.

"I have go. You can stay here with Rick, it doesn't take long."

"What? Where are you going? You are the one who invited us here and now you leave?" Bree didn't look happy and even though he wasn't happy with her reaction, he understood. Hopefully, he would be forgiven at the end of this day, especially when she realized why he needed to leave.

"I'm sorry but it won't take long. I promise," he said and with a goodbye, he was out of the door. Patrick better take care of them without doing or saying anything stupid or Chris wouldn't be too happy with his newest roommate.

🌺🌺🌺

He was wrong. It took longer than what he first thought and now it's been two hours since he left from home, leaving his guests there waiting for him to come back. He felt like an asshole now because he knew that Bree had probably left back home already with Quentin.