Homework Day (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

During the ride, I kept staring out of the window, not really wanting to look ahead giving a glance in their direction.

After about five minutes, both of them burst out laughing.

I rolled my eyes.

'Don't look in their direction,' I warned myself trying to take off the smile slowly forming on my face.

"Now whats so funny?" I asked irritated when they didn't stop laughing.

"Do you find anything funny Mark?" Mom asked dad.

He shook his head. "Not at all Evelyn,"

They both shrugged acting innocent.

I frowned, looking out of the window again.

"C'mon dude. You didn't even hug me," Dad complained.

"What? I did hug you. Wait! Actually thats the first thing I did,"

"You did?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

He shrugged.

Mom burst out laughing.

I narrowed my eyes as I realised what he did.

"It was a very not-so-cool way Dad," I said through gritted teeth.

"But that not-so-cool way worked son. You talked to me," He rolled his eyes at me through the front mirror.

I sighed.

After a couple of minutes, he pulled the car into the driveway.

I carried their bags inside the house and placed them in the hall, while we chatted about their trip and my school.

After getting the bags to their room, I went up to my room.

I checked my clock. It showed 1 am.

I sighed and drifted off to sleep.

Tori's POV

My eyes opened as sunlight hit them. I yawned and stretched as I stood up in the bed.

"Sunday morning," I muttered as my face held up in a grin.

'And its the homework day too,' My stupid brain smirked at me.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Why do you do this to me brain?" I cried.

Pouting, I lazily got up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom and took a long and relaxing shower.

After the shower, I gathered my stuff in the backpack and went downstairs.

Jess was already settled on Luke's lap, who was sitting on the couch. They had their notebooks in their hands but they were chatting, laughing after every five seconds. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay I'll kiss you but then you'll have to let go of me," Jess whispered loud enough to reach my ears.

"Agreed," He said.

Ugh!

"Sheesh. Get a room lovebirds," I said covering my eyes with my hand.

"Tori!" Jessica screamed.

I could hear Luke laughing.

I slowly withdrew my hand from my eyes. Now Jess was sitting on the couch far away from Luke, glaring daggers at me.

I raised my hands in surrender. "It's not my fault Jess. You and your boyfriend...tsk tsk...never mind,"

She narrowed her eyes.