Prologue

COPYRIGHT © GEETIKA TOKHI 2014

Hello everyone!!

Thank you so much to all of you who are giving this story a chance. I'll try my best to make it interesting and non-clichè. :)

Prologue

Tori's POV

As I sat by my window in my room, a little movement coming from the door caught my attention.

It was my mom.

"What are you doing here alone?"

"Nothing," I just shook my head getting up and walking over to my bed.

I placed my unpacked clothes in the large bag I had been packing since morning.

"Tori?" My mom called.

"Yeah," I asked without turning back and keeping myself busy by folding the clothes and keeping in the bag.

"You don't need to be upset,"

I paused and turned in her direction.

"I don't wanna go there mom,"

"Ohh come on now don't be such a baby," She tried to cheer me up.

"Mom why don't you all come with me?" I pouted like baby.

She laughed. "You can manage there alone in New York, can't you?"

I shook my head playfully.

"It was your decision. You wanted to do your final year in New York. And you are going there honey. And after all you won't be alone. You'll be living with your aunt and your cousin. Remember?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes. Ofcourse I remember.

I decided to change the subject.

"Where is Jake?"

"Already missing your little brother? He's down in the hall watching TV with his father. God, I don't know how I will survive with the two without you," She said faking fear.

"Haha very funny," I said as we both walked down to the hall. I decided to do the rest of the packing at night.

Jake was sitting on the couch beside my dad, both of their eyes fixed on the screen.

I was sure it couldn't be anything but a football match which had caught both of them glued infront of the TV.

As we entered the hall they both jumped raising both their hands up in the air and shouting 'goal'.

Jeez! Men are so funny.

I laughed.

"Where were you Tori?" Dad asked without looking away from the screen.

"She must be dancing in her room dad," Jake said in his cute little voice. He was only 10.

Only hearing his voice made my day.

Mom let out a giggle from behind me as I stared at my brother.

Although he was not looking away from the screen but I could tell that he knew I was staring him.

"Don't look at me like that Tori. I know I'm handsome," He said looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

I couldn't help but laugh.

Mom and dad laughed with me and Jake stared all of us with a blank look on his face.

"Are you all laughing at me?" He asked.