{6} "We need to talk."

Meghan

Meghan

I hear shuffling in the corridor, followed by the sound of a key being inserted into the lock. I've been sitting here for two hours and twenty-seven minutes, waiting for Sebastian to show up. When the door opens and a frustrated looking Sebastian walks inside, I take a deep breath and prepare myself for what will be one of the hardest conversations since I arrived in New York.

"Welcome back." At the sound of my voice Sebastian jumps, dropping his bag on the floor. His hand flies up to his heart and his eyes go wide.

"Jesus, what the hell Meghan?!" His arms are dramatically being thrown in the air and it almost makes me want to laugh, but it was a fleeting moment.

"We need to talk." I say, voice hard and unwavering. The feeling to grit my teeth together grows as he stands there, baffled by my words.

He nods his head, kicking the front door closed. He walks with ease as he heads towards the couch, taking a seat next to me but leaving enough space to where it's comfortable.

Placing my elbows on my knees, I lean forward and rest my forehead in my hands. My hair becomes a curtain shielding me from the intense burn of his gaze and I take a deep, calming breath.

"How do you know?" I whisper. A couple of seconds pass and he still doesn't answer. I move my hair out of the way and turn my head to see him, his eyebrows are scrunched up and he wears a slight frown on his lips. "How do you know about my sessions?" I repeat, my voice coming out a lot harsher than I intended.

He shrugged.

He actually shrugged.

"Who told you, Sebastian?!" I can feel the anger starting to worm it's way into my system. The question came out as a strangled yell and his eyes widened, thrown off-guard by my sudden outburst. I'd managed to keep my cool around everyone for the past two weeks, I haven't had an episode in front of anyone except for Chelsea, and that was only one time. My hands started shaking, my breathing becoming ragged the longer he sat there without answering me.

I stood up and frantically started pacing the room, if he knows about the sessions then I wonder what else he knows about. "Was it Savannah?! She told you didn't she?!" I glared in his direction and he shook his head. "Was it Chelsea?!" She wouldn't, I thought. Suddenly my chest constricted and I found it hard to breathe, my body was shaking, forcing me to stumble back over onto the couch.

A panic attack.

I knew them all too well.

"Shit, Meg. Are you okay?" Sebastian's voice seemed to be a thousand miles away, the thumping in my head now matching the thumping in my chest. I didn't even realize the moment that Sebastian wrapped his arms around me and dragged me across his lap.