Annoying Song References

Will's POV

     Will's POV

     I loved to enjoy the scenery of the South African coast. It's just so...tranquil and beautiful. Even standing at the edge of the towering cliff gave me a peaceful aura to linger inside.

     I should've brought my sketchbook.

     A pebble flew past my head as it fell to the waters below the cliff's edge. I looked past my shoulder to see Dan and Kyle gathering a palmful of small stones to throw for casual fun. I shrugged a smile and a low chuckle as they skipped around, finding a spot by the edge to toss their stash of pebbles.

     "Care to tell me what this is?" I swirled my finger around the pile of rocks in Kyle's hand.

     "Arm strength contest," Dan shrugged his shoulders back.

     I nodded my head. "Interesting..."

     "DUCK!" Woody suddenly cried from behind us.

     "Where?!" Dan perked his head higher to have a look around us.

     "No!" Woody crashed onto his front side to the grass at our feet. "Not that type of duck!"

     "What?" I raised a brow.

     "GET DOWN!" Kyle pushed me away from the edge and fell on top of me as we hit the grass.

     "Ow!" I complained and rolled over.

     "It's a bird!" Dan pulled his friend up and pointed excitedly at the clear sky.

     "A gull!" Woody exclaimed after he got up from the ground. "But it's a massive one!" He shouted to the sky.

     "Mate!" My eyes widen to a maximum. "That's not a seagull! It's-"

     "IT'S AN ALBATROSS!!!" Kyle screeched with a hyper voice.

     Ohh...an albatross...is it? My mouth curved sinisterly. "Ay, Dan..." I called to him with a quirky tone.

     "Yeah?" He looked down from the soaring bird, back to me.

     "I thought you already let go of your albatross a while back," I smirked.

     I watched to my amusement, as young Daniel's bright face fell to a low. He nervously glared through his lenses at me before gazing to the grass under his feet. Then he suffered under my eye even more once, anxiously shoving his hands into his jean pockets. I knew what he wanted.

     Dan wants to leave before the others start with the teasing.

     "Oi!" Woody shouted at a back-faced Dan. "What's wrong? You can't shake the heavy weight of living right now?" He sneered playfully.

     "Maybe we should shoot down that damn bird for the sake of Danny!" Kyle suggested.

     "Kyle, we can't!" Woody nudged our keys player. "That albatross is soaring high and the sun will get in our eyes!"

     "FUCK ALL OF YOU!" Dan lashed out. 

     We did it...I smiled to myself as we followed our frontman off the cliff.

     Needless to say, we pestered Dan with more lines from the tune for the rest of the day.