Chapter 8

Then the carriage stops.
"Oof."
(Y/N) swings forward a little, causing Natalia to let go of her hand. They both climb out of the carriage and start to walk out of the forest-like area and back onto the busy street.
I wish it could have lasted longer...
Natalia thinks with a small frown before she caught up to the other girl beside her.
"Anything else planned Nata?"
(Y/N) giggle, causing Natalia's face to flush red a little.
"W-well since it's so cold, how about I treat us to some coffee?"
(Y/N) beams with joy and nods her head before grabbing ahold of the other nations hand, starting to drag her down the crowded and cold street of Ottawa.
"I know just the place here! It's warm and amazing and it's a Canadian specialty!"
She yelled behind her as they began to slow down at a bright coffee shop.
"Tim...Hortons?"
Natalia read the bright sign, the letters were bold and visible and the store was already radiating heat from the inside.
"Of course! It's kinda like Starbucks but less expensive and with more donuts!"
(Y/N) squeals a little as they walk into the warm store, they're rosy cheeks and frozen hands began to thaw out.
There's too much here...
Natalia gazed at the shorter girl and patted her shoulder before making her way up to the counter.
"A medium black coffee and a (whatever drink you want)."
"Please!"
(Y/N) chimes in with a smile and the girl at the counter nods before taking the money from Natalia.
"You always have to say please here! It's polite Nata."
She grins and Natalia softly smiles at her before going back to a straight face.
Nata... I almost forgot about that nickname...
The two drinks soon arrive and the two girls sit down at a small table, the sound of quiet chattering enveloping them both.
"S-so (Y/N), where are you actually from?"
Natalia rubs the back of her neck, trying to spark up some sort of conversation with the other girl.
"Oh well you see I'm actually a micro nation. Mr. Canada invited me to come with him and I thought that I was going to become an actual nation but then nope, instead I'm his personal secretary..."
(Y/N)'s face drops before she rolled her eyes, focusing back onto the Belorussian in front of her.
"Wow, that's kinda...weird. The only time a micro nation ever shows up is when Eyebrows's little brother sneaks in. Huh."
Natalia shrugs, feeling herself smile ever so slightly at the fact that if this micronation didn't come, she's probably be alone right now. (Y/N) sips her coffee before standing up, looking out the wide window.
"It looks like it's already getting dark. We should head back to the hotel."
She says as she turns to Natalia, taking her hand. Natalia simply nods and takes it, following her out the door.
So cute... I wish I could stay with her
•••Time Skip•••
The two girls finally got back to the hotel in time for sundown, when the rest of the nations were getting ready for bed as well. They walk into their room and (Y/N) collapses onto her bed, letting out a content but tired sigh.
"That was fun but holy hell do my feet ever hurt."
She curses and takes off her snowy outfit, throwing it onto a chair. She stands up and takes out her pyjamas, starting to change into them. Natalia doesn't say a word and simply stares at her, her pale face turning red.
What the hell why is she changing in front of me I'm dying
She continued to stare until (Y/N) turns around, titling her head at the staring girl.
"What?"
"N-nothing! Everything's fine!"
She scurries into the bathroom, leaving (Y/N) confused.
"Weird."
Both girls climb into there beds shortly after that odd exchange, leaving only the light of their bedside lamp.
Dear god it's cold in here
(Y/N) sighs and turns over to face Natalia who was staring up at the ceiling in the other bed. She reaches over and turns off the light, covering them in darkness. Natalia turns over after feeling the gaze of a cute girl staring at her.
"Hmm? What're you staring at?"
"N-nothing juste thinking."
A small shrug and a hum from the blonde. Silence crept over them soon enough but was broken by the shuffling from beside your bed.
Before you knew it, a figure jumped onto it and crawled underneath the covers, making you jump.
"N-Natalia! What're you doing?"
(Y/N) says nervously, feeling her cheeks brighten a little even in the dark.
"You were shaking and I could hear it from here. You are cold, right?"
I didn't think I was shivering that much...
"I-i mean... yeah I guess but you didn't have to come over here."
A grumble and a hum from both girls.
Maybe things were getting awkward now.
"Well goodnight Nata."
Closing her eyes, (Y/N) doesn't seem to notice the quite obvious smirk from the girl behind her. Natalia begins to wrap her arms around the cold girl, bringing her closer into her.
"Goodnight (Y/N)."
Holy shit
That night only one of those girls slept.

•••
Heeeeey everyone! Haha I know I suck at posting chapters.
I've been busy and honestly didn't know what to do with this story.
I'm gonna continue it now and try to get chapters out maybe...
But if I don't update for a while then I'm probably procrastinating.
I'll get another one out soon.

Check out my other social media's:
-Instagram: Buttontry_Arts
-Hetalia & Masa Works Design Amino: Buttontry_Arts