Chapter 74 - Letting Him Know (2/2)

**Please refrain from dancing on the table or singing Justin Beiber songs during this examination **

~My Professor's instruction on our Midterm question paper.

Haha!! However you most definitely CAN dance on the table and sing peppy songs while you read this chapter, cuz....*ahem**ahem* you know what's about to happen now, don't you ?

I am confused whether marriage certificate requires 2 witnesses or 3 . I am keeping it 2 here. 

haina? = right?

Ha ? = Yes?

RAGINI'S POV

A gentle breeze passed as we sat there after Sahil told me everything that he possibly could to convince me that it is going to be alright.

Yes I was convinced that maybe , just maybe our marriage won't turn our to be like my parents.

Yet there was a 1% hesitation somewhere in me. Like always , there was a part of me afraid for the worst. But this time , like a lot of the times before , I chose to shut and ignore it.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath . Opening my eyes I saw Sahil , looking intently at me , waiting for an answer.

" Are you sure you want to marry me ?" He asked again .

And I took the jump .
I nodded my head and mumbled a "Yes".

A smile graced his face , and so did mine.

I asked him ," Are you sure you want to marry me ?"

He chuckled hearing that as I continued ," Or if you wanna run away , there is lots of open space here ..." I said pointing all around us as he started laughing , seeing me use his dialogue on him," and don't worry about our parents , I will handle them ." I said as I started laughing with him.

"Yes. " he said still laughing.

Our laughter vibrating in the air , a smile on our faces , and our hands entwined , we stood up and walked towards the room where we had to sign the marriage papers.

We stood in front of the room , looked at each other and smiled and nodded.

Maybe it will work out .
Maybe we will be okay.
Maybe the worst things can be figured out and we can fight together.
Maybe it will all be okay.
Maybe we will be okay.

We went inside and sat down in front of the judge.  He asked us to individually sign papers that stated our full names and that we are willingly getting married .

He signed first.

I signed next.

And at sharp 10.45 am , we were officially married.

As soon as I finished signing , I looked up to see him looking down at me  , with a smile. Like he always does.

And I smiled back .
Like I always do.

Soon the witnesses had to be called in. Sahil's were Steve and the Chief Manager(India) of his company - Mr. Sampan Nath. Mine , well mine were Aashna's Chacha and Chachi (uncle and aunty). I had called Aashna yesterday and while talking to her I mentioned how I did not know whom to call as a witness, considering I had no inclination towards calling my neighbour aunty , being the nosy lady she is. She then suggested I could ask her aunt and uncle, whom I had met before and knew , so it wasn't like I was just calling someone unknown to be my witness. I wished I could just ask my parents to be my witness, but the rules required the witnesses to be not related by blood to the bride and groom. So that's why they were here.