Rush Clovis

The meeting ends soon after, and I make my way back to the house. It's only midday, and I feel bad leaving work so early, until I realize it's technically not my work anymore. Though it will soon be, again.

"Padmé!"

I turn to see Rush, wearing a green jacket and deep blue trousers, racing after me. In the daylight his yellow tattoos stand out against his skin. He smiles, his perfect teeth gleaming in the sunlight.

"Rush," I exclaim, stopping so that he can catch up to me.

"I thought that was you," he pants as he stops beside me. "Your beauty is unmistakable."

I blush. "You must mean someone else."

"No," he protests. "I most certainly mean you."

"Flattery will get you nowhere," I grin, elbowing him in he side.

He laughs, and we share a silent gaze. His eyes are so beautiful, the glimmer of the sun cutting into the deep color of his iris.

"It'd seem that you just finished your work for the day," he says, boldly taking my hand. My heart skips a beat for a moment, but I let him.

"As a matter of fact, I did."

"You wouldn't happen to have the rest of the afternoon off, would you?"

"You got me," I grin. "I have absolutely no excuses to stay away from you this afternoon."

He laughs. "Good, because I plan on treating you to a date."

"I'm all for it," I laugh in return.

He tugs on my hand, and I follow him, giggling. We march straight on into the crowded marketplace, the smell of fresh fruit and cooking meats filling the air. He seems to shine in the midday sun, his eyes and teeth gleaming in the warm light.

Blissfully, I squeeze his hand, and he pulls me further into the crowd.

oOo

I return that night dreamily staring into space, completely having forgotten about this morning's meetings. Mother raises one eyebrow at me as I pass her, almost floating across the hardwood floor.

"Did something happen," she asks. "I was expecting you closer to noon today."

I snap out of my daze and look at her, then begin to giggle. "Sorry," I explain, "I ran into an old friend."

A little smirk tugs at the corner of my mother's mouth. "Would this friend be an attractive young man?"

My face begins to flush as blood rushes to it, embarrassment. "Maybe..."

She breaks out into a smile, and begins to laugh. "I knew it," she exclaims. "You've finally landed a boyfriend!"

I punch her in the shoulder, playfully. "I've had other boyfriends before!"

"Nobody that could keep you from your work and your daily routine!"

"Well, he's a co-worker."