Chapter 51 : Despair

Start from the beginning

They all look up to me - the Queen of Arendelle. To think that Anna just announced that she was engaged to a commoner and all the royal families were disappointed. They even stated that I could do better.

What if I was the one who announced my engagement with a commoner-worse, a spirit? How would they react? They would probably think I was out of my mind. I sighed once more.

"I think I know what's bothering you." Jack said as he held my shoulder.

"Huh? Nothing's bothering me." I shrugged.

"Elsa, I know that face. There's something bothering you. Can you please tell me?" He asked, holding me on both arms.

"No. I need to deal with this alone." I said, walking away from him.

"Elsa!" I could hear Jack shout but I kept on running to my room - far from him.

I locked myself in and froze the doorknob. I wanted to scream so bad. I can't handle all this pressure. I blasted ice out of my hands and it accidentally hit the traditional triangular window in my bedroom. It was not much of a damage, just a small part.

A few glass shards fell on my bedroom floor the same time my tears started to roll down my cheeks. What am I supposed to do?

I sunk to the floor, sobbing. I didn't know what I was supposed to feel. There are too many emotions inside - anger, frustration, despair...

I got so overwhelmed that I entirely destroyed the window. Crash! it went as the ice broke the glass into smithereens.

"Elsa?! What's going on in there?!" Jack shouted, banging on my door.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" I screamed.

"Elsa! Open the door!"

"NO!"

Jack:

I tried to turn the knob but it wouldn't budge. I noticed ice coming out of the keyhole and it struck me. The door was not just locked. It was frozen.

"Elsa, I beg you! Open the door!" I shouted.

"Jack, please! Leave me alone!" Elsa cried.

I have no choice. I have to break in. She might hurt herself and I won't be able to forgive myself if it happened.

I can break the door open if I wanted to. By freezing the door lock more, I am sure to break it.

"Elsa, don't make me come in there myself."

". . ."

I placed my hands on the door knob and let my power seep through the lock. That should be enough.

"Elsa?" I called but still she didn't respond. All I could hear was her sobs.

I looked around for Anna or Kristoff or someone else but there was no one. Anna's and Kristoff's rooms were on the other side of Elsa's room and so were the guest rooms.

I gathered all my strength and ran towards Elsa's bedroom door. I busted it open. The cold wind blew right at my face. Her window was destroyed, shards of glass were scattered on the floor... Snow was falling heavily...

"I told you to leave me alone, didn't I?" Elsa said, covering her face with her hand.

"What happened here?" I asked. This wasn't so Elsa she was neat and organized and now she freaked out and destroyed her room. Well, not actually her room, just a window.

"Nothing." She lifelessly said.

I sighed. "Elsa, I know that you got affected of what just happened. Those words that they said to Anna and Kristoff applies to us. But we can make this work."