Chapter 51 : Despair

Start from the beginning

"Elsa, you can hear this right?" Jack said.

"Oh, I can hear it loud and clear." I said. I could feel the anger and frustration rush through my veins as I walked towards Anna. I wanted to scream so loud at them but someone did it before I could...

"Who are you to say that?!" A strong, loud, womanly voice echoed throughout the ballroom.

Aunt Primrose? She stood in front of us and with all her might she said, "I am Primrose, Queen of Corona. And I am not against this engagement!"

"Me too! I am married to a commoner and my kingdom takes it well. There is no problem at all." Philip said. "I don't see why you are against this. What is wrong with this arrangement anyway?"

"I second this young man's notion. My daughter is married to a commoner as well and to tell you the truth, he had a bad image in our kingdom but now look, he turned out to be a really fine man, husband and son-in-law." Aunt Primrose pointed out.

"I stand with my wife." Uncle Thomas said standing tall and proud. "A commoner-royal arrangement is no problem in ruling a kingdom."

"It's disrespect to our ancestors before us. A royal must marry a royal. Commoners know nothing about running a kingdom. They will only bring disaster!" said a rather stout Dignitary from Italy.

I was actually affected by the words that they were throwing at Anna and Kristoff but this isn't about me. Anna is more important than me at this moment.

"Kristoff won't bring disaster." I cried. "I know him well. I know that he will protect Arendelle like he protects my sister."

"Even so, he DOESN'T know how to run a kingdom. Yes, he might be of help in protecting Arendelle but can he help in ruling it? He probably doesn't know even half of the people in this room." The Duke of Varrenwick said.

(A/N: I don't know what Varrenwick is.. Haha.. It's just another random word. More random words to come.)

"If that's the only case, I volunteer myself to tutor and train Kristoff about everything he has to know. I know Arendelle myself for my late sister ruled it along side her late husband. I will make sure that after THREE MONTHS of training, Kristoff will be able to rule Arendelle as its Prince consort." Aunt Primrose proposed to the crowd.

"You have a deal, Queen Primrose. Three months and we shall all gather here once more. Then we'll see if he is fitting to be a Prince consort." The French Dignitary stated.

"You have my word." Aunt Primrose said. She looked really serious about this. Will three months be enough?

I sighed. People left the castle, one by one until there was no one left. I looked over at Anna. She kept her head down, not saying a single word. "Anna?"

"I just want to go to sleep." She murmured. She tugged on Kristoff's top while Kristoff looked at me and mouthed the words 'I'm sorry'.

I shook my head gently with a pleasant smile to tell him that it was okay. It wasn't his fault.

"We start tomorrow." Aunt Primrose informed Kristoff as he and Anna walked by her. "Elsa, dear. Will it be alright if we go on ahead?"

"Yes, of course." I said. Punzie bid me goodnight as she hugged me before they all gone off. I was left alone with Jack and the castle staff.

"Are you alright?" Jack asked. I looked into his eyes- so blue. He looked at me with such concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I hugged myself. I wasn't fine. After what just happened, how could I be fine?