14) Confusion

Should I message him today? It might seem too clingy...

Yoongi pondered for the 3rd time this week.

After kissing so passionately with Jimin, he had been craving for the boy like a predator seeking out his prey. But that wasn't Yoongi, to actively seek out love and comfort from someone..? He was getting too attached, and he didn't want Jimin to think of him as a clingy-ass boyfriend.

Instead, the mint-hair male swiped his screen to the contact: 'Joon✌🏻', and proceeded to ring his friend.

"You're awake at 9am? Are you okay, man?" Namjoon chuckled. Yoongi wanted to make a snarky remark considering Namjoon had been overly affectionate with this 'Seokjin' lately, but he decided to bite his tongue on this occasion.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today... you know, uh, talk?"

Goddamn me and my lack of communication abilities.

"Uh alright, I'll swing by your place in about 20 minutes, okay?" "Alright" Yoongi huffed, rolling out from underneath his abundance of blankets.

I wish Jimin was cuddled up with me...

-

After a very pitiful shower, Namjoon eventually showed up to the door. Thankfully, Mrs Min had warned him that Yoongi was still changing, leaving a bored Namjoon stood waiting outside of his bedroom. "Ready to go?" he asked cheerfully, though Yoongi merely shrugged.

The duo made their way to the local high street; Yoongi figured some greasy fast food would be a good waste of money to distract him from his feelings. Because sometimes, feelings were too much for one person to handle alone.

Namjoon seemed to catch onto this, since the usually fearless Min Yoongi appeared to be on edge, he'd even apologised profusely when he had zoned out of their conversation several times. This wasn't like Yoongi.

"Is there perhaps... another reason you wanted to hang out?" Namjoon asked hesitantly, unsure of how to approach the situation. Yoongi glanced up from beneath his bangs, a little timid, but he trusted the younger; being so wise and kindhearted, he often forgot Namjoon wasn't his hyung. "Well I uh... you know, Jimin, right?" he started, Namjoon nodded encouragingly. "I think... it's freaking me out because I think, I-I might be in love" he sighed, inwardly cringing the second his brain processed his poor choice of words.

"Ahh~" Namjoon sing songed, face stricken with awe. "I see, and you're too embarrassed right? To come to terms with it?" Yoongi would've loved to spit out 'Fuck no, I don't know what you're talking about' but he instinctively spluttered incoherently. Head hung low, Yoongi quietly uttered a "yes" as he continued stepping forward.

"I've been ignoring him a little because I didn't want to seem clingy or too attached, he makes me so vulnerable. I'd kill a man to see his smile, Namjoon. What is he doing to me..." Yoongi groaned, Namjoon chuckled, patting his shoulder. "You love him, hyung, that's all... Wait! I have an idea!" he smiled. "An idea?" "Yes, genius, to make Jimin absolutely swoon for you! I'm sure he feels a bit neglected, right?" Yoongi pouted, "I guess so".

And that's how the pair found themselves at the jewellery store, further up the high street. It took a lot of convincing, since Yoongi often saw meaningful gifts or gestures to be way out of his character, but Namjoon had finally persuaded him to buy promise rings for him and Jimin.

He reasoned it as being a way of showing how much he cared - being awkward with speech and all - even if they wouldn't see each other as much in school next year. It was a stage of commitment to help Yoongi come to terms with his feelings without going too overboard - Namjoon thought.