Chapter 1, Meeting

"I'm about to ask you a very important question, and I'm expecting a honest answer." You were waiting patiently, with your arms crossed looking towards your brother who was pretending to be sleeping.

Pawell covered his head with his blanket, trying to avoid any contact with you. Sometimes you couldn't understand his childish behaviors, but you also didn't like to question them. He was your older brother, a busy person who rarely had time for himself because he enjoyed spending time with you during his breaks. But again, you didn't like questioning him.

"Go on. Ask me anything. You already ruined my sleep. What is it?" He uncovered his body in an untidy manner, his eyes following your angry ones until they reached an empty brown box of medium size which was laying on the table next to him.

"Where is my ice cream?" Blinking multiples times, Pawell was trying to hide the spoon which was still wrapped in his palm. With the urge to use the blanket as a shield, the spoon slipped from his hand leaving behind a stain that ruined his white shirt.

You sighed, rolling your eyes at your older brother clumsiness, as you took some wet wipes to clean the brown stain. "What can I actually expect from you at this hour? From now go and take a shower, I'm going to the convenience store."

"It's past midnight, where do you think you're going at this hour?"

"Don't say to me Is too late. Because of you I have to go at this hour. I'm twenty years old, not five, not a child anymore. I can take care of myself." Before fighting back, Pawell looked at you from head to toe, analyzing your outfit.

"Going out like that?" He frowned, overwhelmed with amusement. "I don't think this outfit suits a twenty years old, just if you decide to go out in a cosplay." He bit his lower lip, trying to calm down his desire for laughing, as you hit vigorously his left shoulder.

"I'm out."

"Don't be too late." Pawell sang, resting his legs on the table as he let out a chuckle.

-

"I'm going to be late." You were buried in the darkness, trying to find the way out. You couldn't use your phone's flashlight nor to be guided by the light of the lanterns as they were all dead. You felt like walking for hours, walking in circles for nothing. Your only target and life savior being the convenience store.

The purple light that continuously turned on and off told you that you were much closer to the store than you expected.

The store was wedged between two taller buildings. It looked squeezed as if the neighbors were closing in. The sign was old, some letters had become illegible in the peeling paint. But the window was clean. You pushed the door and a bell rang. It was far longer than it was wide, almost a corridor with shelving spanning both sides. It was pristine.

You did not expect to see so many teenagers spending their Friday night at an old store, nor would you have expected to see many others coming in. You just though the girls came in because of the hot cashier, when you looked around and saw more boys than the number of girls you started to question yourself. Let's not talk about the fact that everyone was dressed like they were going to a club, but you, who was wearing your one-piece pajama with the shape of some anime character.

To your surprise, no one paid attention to you as you went directly to the freezer. Not that you would even care, but admiring the way everyone had their make up done, you were expecting some criticism thrown your way.

As you looked through the store sleeves for something that could be your topping, you found your favorite biscuits and Pawell's favorite vanilla flakes. But you couldn't buy it for him. Not like this. You would enjoy at least a small revenge. Teasing people was more than enjoyable, but playing with your older brother was totally at a different level, that's why you also took the butter.

Sweet revenge.

Turning around, admiring the empty space, everyone was gone. Every single thing that once indicated a source of life disappeared in a few moments. The only two people remaining in the store were the cashier and you.

As you made your way to the cashier you could already see the amusement glued to his face. "Are you here for it?" He smiled at you, fascinated by your outfit, turning his attention towards your face. "I guess not." He sounded disappointed, taking all the products from the basket.

You looked slightly confused once you realized the clothes he was wearing. 'That's not what a cashier should wear, these are nightclub clothes'. You moved your eyes carefully on his body until you reached the name tag. 'Kim—'

"Are you always analyzing people in detail?" He took you by surprise, making you jump a little at the unexpected comment.

"Are you always killing with that smile?" He stopped scanning for a moment, moving his attention to your lively face just to let out a cheerful laugh, shaking his head.

"You just made me laugh."

"Is it your first time laughing?"

"No, but I haven't in so long." Before you could question him even more, he put everything in a plastic bag, giving it to you. "That was a strike. But I'll make it two." He smiled, placing two sweets in a purple wrapper in your palm. "That's a bonus."

You hesitated to take them at the beginning, but he didn't look like the dangerous type of guy who would poison or take an advantage of you, so you ended up accepting them.

"Thank you for buying from us. We're looking forward seeing you again!" He said in a cheerful tone, his expression turning gently into a serious one. "Take care on your way home, Lil Stitch." You stopped walking, turning your head slightly towards him when you heard the nickname.

'Lil Stitch? Does he thinks I'm five?'

"And you should laugh more. People would kill for that smile." A large grin appeared on his lips, making him cover half of his face with his hand.

"You are the first person to impress me with that kind of pajamas."

"And you are the first to impress me with that kind of smile."

"Three strikes."