Chapter 24: Kevin

• Dedicated to I wish Kevin existed...

Hey everyone. It's me, Zoe. I wanted to clear up a few things just in case you were confused and I didn't want to have to make this a whole separate part, so I thought I would just put it at the beginning of the 24th chapter. 

The only thing that I thought we made a little confusing is Brianna's name. Her real name is Brianna but everyone calls her by her nickname, Bri. 

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to comment them, or private message Natalie and I with them. And just so you know, yes all the girls except for Amy and Claire are based on us and our friends. One of the guys is based on someone, but the rest of them we just imagined what we would want them to be like.

Also, since this is a PG-13 rated book, there will be cussing and alcohol, but just for the record, I am only doing it for the sake of this book. I don't like cussing and just for the record, I don't count typing it for this book or referencing someone else saying it as me myself cussing.

I just don't like cussing. Just like someone I know and love; hint, hint. (*cough* Chloe Hollenbeck *cough*)

Anyways, ON WITH THE SHOW!

Tuesday September 3, 4:30 pm

Leaning against the wall, I waited for Chloe to finally get here to start the meeting. She got here right at 4:30, as always.

"Hello everyone," she said to us all.

"Hey," most responded.

"Well, for those of you who don't know, my name is Chloe and I am the current captain of the Debate Team."

"Aren't you a little girly to be captain?" A one of the dudes sitting in the back asked. I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I think I do just fine," she responded, sounding quite confident in herself.

She is way in over her head. She doesn't even have any medals. I know for a fact there has never been a Chloe Halberstatt or whatever at the state or regional level in the California area, I thought to myself, smirking.

"I could so take you. This so called 'audition' is just a formality. I got second place in the regional championships last year," he responded.

"Ha. Only second in the regionals? What a joke. I give you that you're fairly good Mister Cocky, but that is nothing compared to what I have gotten."

"Oh yeah. I'd like to see you top that. No one from California even got into the nationals last year. No way you could have gotten farther than me."

"Then I guess the name Chloe Hollenbeck doesn't ring a bell, now does it?" she asked him with a small smile. Everyone's gaw went slack, including mine as soon as the words left her lips. 

She's Chloe Hollenbeck?!

"That was you?!"

"In case you haven't noticed. I'm not from around here. I got first place in nationals last year, second the year before, and third the year before that. I am the best debater New Mexico has ever had. I hold more places in debate than anyone else in New Mexico record books."

That got him to stop talking, and I was glad for it, but I was still caught off guard from when she announced her last name. She giggled a little bit and bit her lip, watching them all stare at her.

"Shut your mouths guys. You're all gonna collect flies. I know, I know this is the first time I've ever brought it up, but I wanted you guys to see how I did first. I'm sorta surprised none of you have figured it out before now."