16. Proposal

Prompted By: @steflenafoster

Waverly's hands shot to her mouth, eyes wide and smile wider as she looked down at Nicole. The room was dimly lit by a few candles, and one of the lamps so it wouldn't be pitch black. There were deep red petals strewn about the place. In the center of it all, Nicole was on one knee.

"Waverly," Nicole had said hands holding the brunettes as soon as she entered the room, "I love you more than anything in this world. So will you please do me the honor of-" this was when she stepped back, pulled a small black box from her pocket, and gotten onto her knee, "being my wife?"

"Oh my god, Nicole!" Waverly exclaimed though it was muffled by her hands.

Nicole smiled. Her smile was innocent and hopeful and made Waverly fall for her all over again.

She had been planning tonight for almost a month, and it had been all that consumed her mind. She'd asked Wynonna for permission, seeing as she's the only real family Waves had left. She'd found the perfect ring (with a badly executed excuse for leaving Purgatory one day, though Waverly had for some reason dropped the mystery). She'd bought a ton of fresh roses and spread the petals around. She'd bought Waverly'favorite candles and lit them long enough for the scent to spread through the room before the brunette got home. She'd done her hair nicely and gotten dressed up and put on some basic makeup. She'd even prepared herself for the worst, thinking of what she would do if Waverly said no.

Thankfully, she didn't have to use any of those plans because Waverly nodded ecstatically.

"Yes! Yes, yes I will Nicole!" She laughed, and relieved tears formed in the redhead's eyes.

She stood, pulling Waverly in for a quick kiss, and put the ring on her finger. Her hands were shaking and so were Waverly's, so the task was a little difficult. The giggled softly when she missed her finger entirely, but they soon got it on.

"I love you." Waverly whispered, a grin causing her eyes to almost close.

"I love you too." Nicole giggled, was pulled forward for a kiss, and wrapped her arms around Waverly in a tight embrace.

"Love you more." Waverly scrunched her nose playfully and Nicole laughed. She didn't bother to fight back with a "Love you even more", having learned that Waverly was really quite adamant that she loved her 'the mostest'.

They stayed like that for a short while, relishing in the latest update of their relationship.