4. Pick-Up Lines

"Waverly?" Nicole perked up all of a sudden. The pair were cuddled up together on the sofa, watching one show or another. Nicole had an arm around Waverly's shoulder, their fingers entwined.

"Yeah?" Waverly asked, turning her head so as to look up at Nicole.

"Did you know beautiful is my favourite color?"

"Um... that's not  a color, baby." Waverly chuckled quietly, turning back to the TV.

"Well, how else should I describe the color of your eyes?" Nicole smirked, squeezing Waverly's hand.

...

"Waverly?"

"Yes, Nicole?"

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to arrest you." Nicole's face was deadly serious, and Waverly was a little scared she was telling the truth, except she couldn't think of anything she'd done to get her arrested.

"Why?"

"Because you stole my heart."

"Oh my gosh, Nicole." Waverly laughed.

"There's more."

"Really?"  Waverly asked, but the smirk on her face wasn't doing her any favors.

"Yeah. You have the right to remain silent, but after some under-cover work I doubt you will."

"Nicole!" Waverly exclaimed, playfully slapping Nicole on the arm and laughing loudly.

...

"Waves, I think you have a sunburn."

"I do? It's not even that hot outside." The shortest of the two started to make her way to the bathroom to look in the mirror.

"Well either that or you're always this hot."

Waverly rolled her eyes, smiling. She stopped in her tracks and span around to face the redhead.

"You know, Nicole, you don't have to use cheesy pick-up lines on me. I'm your girlfriend!"

"I didn't think they were that  cheesy. Besides, how else am I going to convince you to stay?" Nicole replied, looking a little down.

"I'm not going anywhere." Waverly said seductively as she stepped towards Nicole, resting her arms around her neck.

"Mmm, not even to my bed?" Nicole did her best puppy-dog eyes and smirked, her single visible dimple giving Waverly butterflies as they do every time. Waverly grinned and gently kissed Nicole.

"If you insist." Waverly smirked, hopping up and wrapping her legs around Nicole's waist so she could lean down and kiss her more passionately.