chapter eighteen

Spring time had rolled around at Hogwarts, which meant all of the students were outside sitting in the sun as they studied for exams, and caught up with their friends. All but two students were enjoying the bright day. Harry and Draco ran down the corridors of their school together, taking in every last stair case and portrait of their second home. So many memories were sunken into the stone walls, and the two boys were prepared to make a few more as they prepared for their final year of Hogwarts to end.

     As the boys were running, Draco quickly grabbed onto Harry's arm, keeping a strong grip on him so he didn't fall over from the sudden contact. Draco pressed Harry's back against the closest rough wall, and smiled down at him. The green eyes that the blonde boy had fallen so deeply in love with stared back at him.

      Draco tilted his head down, connecting his soft lips to Harry's slightly chapped ones. Harry smiled against the kiss, putting one hand in Draco's colour tinted hair. All of a sudden, draco winced and pulled away.

     A look of confusion and worry flashed across Harry's face as the boy in front of him looked down in discomfort. "What's wrong? Draco, are you okay? I didn't bite you, did I?" Harry questioned, nearly mumbling the last part.

     Draco chuckled through his pain. "No, Harry. You did nothing wrong. It's my...my arm, it's burning." The boy cringed again as another flash of pain ran from his elbow to his finger tips.

     Harry's warm fingers found the edge of Draco's sleeve, and very gently rolled it up the pale boy's arm with him wincing the whole time. "Draco, look." Harry whispered. Draco obeyed, and looked down at his left arm. His dark mark had faded significantly since the Dark Lord's death, but now it was a bright red colour that spread across Draco's forearm.

     "What's happening?" Draco panicked, and looked up at Harry. His grey eyes had glossed over, and his cheeks were tinted a soft pink. "You don't think he's coming back, do you?" Draco asked, barely audible.

     Harry shook his head quickly. "No, I think...I think it's going away." He replied. Draco looked back down at his arm, to see that Harry was right. The evil mark that violated his skin was now just a dull outline, easily concealed by the flower tattoos. Before, the mark had stood out like a sore thumb, but now Draco could barely tell it was there.

     "Harry..." Draco whispered.

     "You defeated the dark, Draco." Harry told him, his voice equally soft. The dark haired boy quickly grabbed the collar of Draco's robes, and flipped both of them around on the wall as he reconnected their lips. Draco was taken back, but eventually melted in Harry's arms. His hands still gripped his collar, so Draco weaved his hands up into his messy hair.

     "I love you." Draco mumbled against harry's lips. The boy pulled away, his green eyes darting over Draco's pale face.

     "I love you too." Harry replied, before connecting their lips once more in a way that was so gentle he was scared of Draco shattering under his fingertips.

____________

This is the second last chapter in this book but Wow my heart is so full of drarry feels