chapter thirteen

A smooth blanket of snow had settled on the grounds of Hogwarts, not a flaw in sight. Harry as his friends were in Gryffindor common room, getting ready to head out to Hogsmeade for the day.

     Ever since the wizarding war, none of the businesses in the small village were getting much business. Even Madam Rosmerta was worried that she'd have to close the Three Broomsticks; a fan favourite in Hogsmeade.

     However, things were about to turn around because Hogwarts was allowing their students to go to the village. The third year rule was no longer in play, to get as many students there as possible.

     Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Neville left the common room. They were all decked out in warm winter jackets, with scarlett and gold scarves tied around their necks. The Gryffindors made it to the main entrance of the school, where many other students were waiting. Professor Mcgonagall stood on the front step, counting every student that went past her.

     Ginny and Neville had migrated off to go talk to Luna Lovegood. Harry planned on joining the trio, but Hermione grabbed tightly onto his arm and held him back.

     "What are you doing?" Harry asked, stumbling over his own feet as Hermione pulled on him.

     "Ron and I need to talk to you." She stated, staring straight in front of her.

     Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "Alright...about what?"

     "You've been different recently, mate. We just wanna know if anything's going on." Ron spoke up. he glanced over at his best friend before facing forward again.

     "Well, uh, not really. How have I been different?"

     "You smile a lot more. and are always wandering off. You don't have a girlfriend, do you?" Hermione pestered the boy. Harry realized that he hadn't been very careful recently when he snuck off to go see Draco. He wasn't surprised that Hermione seemed to notice his change in personality.

     "Don't you think if I had a girlfriend I would've told you?" Harry asked, trying to get his friends to drop the subject.

     "Well, I don't know. Not if you wanted to keep it a secret." Hermione replied.

     "Come on, Harry. Tell us who it is." Ron added, and Harry heard him snicker quietly as he kicked at a small chunk of ice on the path.

     "It's no one. I don't have a girlfriend." Harry told them. He was starting to become slightly annoyed with all the questions.

     "What about a boyfriend? I mean, Ronald and I would be very accepting of that too, as long as he made you happy."

     "'Mione! There's no one." Harry exclaimed.

     "Okay!" Ron mumbled in a sing songy tone. The trio continued walking to Hogsmeade, a silence falling over them. The only noise was the crunch of their shoes in the snow. That noise was so loud they barely noticed a person come up behind them, and whoosh past Harry. Hermione seemed to notice the person, and of course Harry did as well.

     Blue tinted hair flowed out behind the person, complementing the silver colour on the thick Slytherin scarf that was tied around their neck. As the boy glanced over his shoulder, his grey eyes met Harry's bright green ones. A small smile spread across both the boys' faces, before the blonde faced forwards again and continued on his brisk pace.

     Harry didn't even care when he heard a small gasp come from
Hermione. He saw her look at him through the corner of his eye, and his smile grew.

     "It's Draco, isn't it?" Hermione hissed quietly so Ron wouldn't hear her. Harry looked over at the girl, and nodded his head ever so slightly.

____________

Queen figured out Harry's secret!!!!! Ron still doesn't know though, because he's kinda oblivious to everything loll