chapter eight

Frost had settled on the bright green grass that covered the Hogwarts grounds.

     Harry had appointed himself captain of the Gryffindor quidditch team, and was running tryouts in the pitch today. As the grown up boy with jet black hair led the remaining members of the team—like Ginny Weasley—and any members trying out, onto the grass. Brooms were gripped in their already cold hands, and nervous faces littered the crowd.

     Harry, with a golden number seven on the front of his jersey, started telling everyone what to do.

     "Chasers, to the left. Beaters go to the right. Seekers, uh, stand in the middle." Harry instructed. Everyone started shuffling around, and Harry was met with a large gap in front of him between the two lines. No one was trying out to be a seeker. There was a few students standing around behind the two lines, nervously looking around.

     "Shoot. Any Keepers, go in the middle." Harry realized his mistake, and those students got in line. Once everyone was organized based on the position they'd be trying out for, with Ron trying out for keeper, Harry told everyone to mount their brooms and take to the sky. Then, Harry told everyone the drills he wanted to see from each position. Those drills mainly were a full out game, to see how everyone played. Harry released the balls into the sky, but kept the golden snitch secured for...safe keeping.

     Harry tore his eyes away from the game to see Hermione up in the stands. She had mentioned at breakfast that morning that she'd try and come down, but was also worried about her school work. Harry couldn't help but notice that a textbook sat open in her lap, and she hadn't even noticed Harry's green eyes and soft smile looking up at her.

     Draco Malfoy, however, couldn't keep his eyes off the boy. Harry's eyes managed to settle on his grey ones, before both of them quickly looked away. Draco was okay to look at Harry, as long as he didn't look back. Then his pale cheeks would go red, and he'd realize he was caught staring.

     The two boys haven't spoken in a month and a half, when they had their confrontation in the prefects' bathroom. There was a mental agreement that they didn't really have much to say to each other. They barely talked during their first six years at Hogwarts, before everything went to Hell and back.

     Harry tried focussing on the tryouts, since he had to pick the team after all. But no matter what the dark haired boy could do, his mind always wandered back to the former Slytherin seeker.

 But no matter what the dark haired boy could do, his mind always wandered back to the former Slytherin seeker