Chapter 7

Maureen POV

The entire time we faced off against the Winchesters, I was fiddling with the spikes on the knuckledusters in my pockets.

I slipped my fingers into the grips, felt along the spikes, and ran my fingers along the ridges to calm myself as I carefully watched for any signs of aggression from the brothers.

All of us were armed. Everyone had their weapons out except for Angel, who had two knives stuck in her boots just in case everything went South.

Luckily, Selina and the Winchesters smoothed things out, but when they said the part about following us on a hunch I frowned. They must've been pretty observant to even notice anything was wrong.

I was alternating between asking them about it and telling the rest of the Roses what I thought about it, but before I could decide, Angel leaned over to Selina and said something about how Jade thought that one, the Winchesters were not to be trusted and, two, we should ask them to go somewhere for a bit of tension-soothing and so we could get to know them, and hopefully they'd stop being so suspicious.

With that, I decided to keep my mouth shut; maybe things would resolve themselves.

"Well, we're headed somewhere to eat." Selina turned to the Winchesters. "You're welcome to join us."

"Who's Jade?" Sam questioned.

There was a sharp intake of breath from all of us.

"Who?" Selina asked cooly.

"Jade. Who is she?"

"I'll ask again. Who?"

"You said her name." He gestured toward Angel. "You said she thought something."

"You guys are even bigger lunatics then we heard. We don't know anyone named Jade." Angel laughed. "Now are we going to eat or not."

"Of course." Sam grinned, but it looked slightly forced.

Dean looked like he was about to make a smartass comment, but Sam stopped him.

"Great, follow us."

Well, that's a change of pace from the conversation a few minutes ago I thought, grinning.

Sam's POV

We headed back to the car. The others piled into the van and I couldn't help but notice that Angel stayed away from the back where everyone else was getting in.

"There is something off about them" I remarked as Dean started the engine.

"Yeah, no kidding. Who in their right mind likes Green Day" Dean snorted.
Just a reminder. This is all one day and Angel is wearing a Green Day shirt.

"No, I'm serious. I definitely heard them mention a Jade and Angel's eyes were a whole lot lighter this morning."

"Well, I don't know of anything that can change it's eye color so you were probably just seeing things."

"I was not seeing things Dean!"

"Uh huh. I wonder where we're going?"

"I don't know."

Later at Restaurant

Dinner was going pretty well. None of us were dead or injured and no one was on the verge of killing or injuring someone else. Dean and Angel were arguing about rock bands and Selina and I were comparing notes on monsters we had hunted.

"And then we killed the Wendigo with--crap! Angel, what was it again?"

"What?" Angel turned away from Dean to look at her friend. "Oh, the Wendigo! What did we kill it with?" She stared into space with Selina glaring at her until she finally went, "Oh right! Flamethrower!"