"Thanks Johnny," she responded before grabbing my hand as we began to walk in. I heard shouts and complains from the other people waiting in line, and immediately felt bad. They deserve to be in here, not me.

Jess and I pushed through the bodies on the dance floor as she led the way to a bar in the center. Looking around my surroundings, I saw girls pressed against men's bodies and that was enough to make me turn my attention back to Jess who had now taken a seat.

"So...this is what you do for fun?" I asked as I hesitantly shrugged my jacket off and placed it on the bar before taking the seat next to her. Before she had a chance to reply, a male figure approached us and began talking to us, specifically Jess.

"Hey, I just saw you walk in, want to dance?" He ran his tongue around his lower lip and I saw Jess begin to flirt back as I saw her give him a smile. Okay....well this had escalated quickly.

"Sure thing." She finally replied and took his hand before standing up. I sat confused, but it wasn't long before Jess turned around and shouted.

"I'll be right back!" I heard, and scoffed, that was a lie spoken way too many times. Turning my attention away from the dance floor, I began to look through my jacket's pocket to grasp my phone. Once out, I did what any other socially awkward person would do and opened up my twitter app.

I scrolled through some tweets and sent out a few, but it wasn't long before I heard something being placed in front of me snapping my attention off my phone. The barmaid shot me a look before speaking.

"Your drink." She looked me up and down and gave me a look of disgust. Clearly she didn't seem to like me, I mean what other girl would be at a club on her phone all the time instead of mingling? Glancing confusingly at the drink in front of me, I frowned. I don't recall ordering anything.

"Miss, I'm sorry, I think you got the wrong person, I didn't order this." The woman turned her attention back towards me and gave me an annoying expression. What was her problem?

"No, I did not. The man sitting across from you ordered it for you." She spat before finally giving me one last look of annoyance and walking away from me. I looked at the drink once more before looking around. What man? My anxiety began to build up inside and I felt myself shudder in fear. I wasn't planning on any interactions with other people tonight.

I frantically turned my head looking for any man sat across from me but I found no one. Maybe the barmaid really had the wrong person. Maybe...she had an interest in the other gender, and found me attractive? No, she clearly despised me.

Thinking, that maybe she did happen to get the wrong person, I pushed the drink further away from me. Pleased with my choice of action, I went back to my phone and continued to go through it. However, it wasn't long till I felt a hand on my back and a figure sit beside me.

I jumped in surprised and shut my phone, too embarrassed to have been caught.

"I see you didn't like your drink." The man spoke. Quickly I took the time to look and examine him. He looked no older than 26 but I still didn't feel comfortable. Instead of replying, I opened up my phone and went back to what I was previously doing. God, this felt so weird and awkward, I just wish I could close my eyes and magically appear back home.

"So now you're ignoring me?" He questioned and I internally mocked him. Was it not obvious enough? I didn't know how to handle a situation like this and quite frankly he wasn't helping.

"I'm sorry, can you please leave me alone?" I glanced up at him and gave him pleadingly eyes. I had no other plan in mind to get out of this so I did the first thing that came to mind. Unfortunate for me, he just laughed in my face.