Chapter 1- Donald Duck Boots

Start from the beginning

My car was actually a gift from my grandparents on my mom's side, as I had never seen my dads. Anyway, my mom's parents were, to get to the point, rich. And a bit snobby as well. Don't get me wrong, I love my grandparents, but they aren't really the nicest people to those that are not in the family. Like my dad. My mom always said that they hated my dad, but my parents got married and had me anyway.

I glanced over at Vera, who was looking out the window, fiddling with one of the feathers from her dress. Both of us decided to go as swans. Vera is the black swan in her long feather dress, and me being the white one in mine. I haven't actually worn a dress in forever, as my signature style was simple jeans, a T-shirt, and my red converse. I'm never a day without my favorite red shoes.

Now, back to the dresses. As I said, we wore the black and white swan dresses. Vera's dress was shorter than mine, but still long, and was a bit more... poofy. Gold sparkles were decorating the slightly see-through fabric on top of the solid black fabric, thicker on the top and scattering out towards the bottom. The top of her dress was a sweetheart neckline and a black -with a few gold- feathers made a thick belt that looped right where the torso met the length of the dress.

My dress had almost exactly the same design, but in a white fabric with silver sparkles. The top of the dress had straps because I didn't trust the dress enough to not fall down, the glitter design was exactly the same, and the belt was the same except in my colors. The only difference was that the bottom part of my dress was long, thin, and flowy. Almost like silk would be, but with a few extra layers of long feathers so my decency wouldn't be scared. I don't think that I would wear something like this again, it wasn't my thing, but I did find it pretty and appropriate for the party we were going to.

But, we didn't just have dresses on, we had makeup too! Vera would never of let me out of the house if I didn't!

Vera's lips were shaded a blood red color while mine was an innocent pale pink. She had wanted me to have my lips colored a more vibrant color but I refused it. Everything else was already almost too much for me. My eyelids were covered by silver and pearl eye-shadow, which brought my normal green eyes to a beautiful emerald hue and hers were brightened with gold luster. Only a thin line of eyeliner was added to my eyes, but Vera went all out with a swan design.

Both of our hair was curled and sprinkled with glitter that was our color of choice. Not too much though, thankfully. Usually, if I were to curl my hair, which I can't do, it would come out stiff and dry-like, but Vera was a magician. My honey blonde hair was softly curled so it bounced when I moved. But I had to admit, Vera may have done an absolutely amazing job with the make-up and hair, but it was the masks that really were eye-catching.

They were matching, aside from the fact that one was gold and black and one was silver and white, with our separate colored pearls lining the mask and fluffy feathers blooming outwards. Outlined around the eyes of the masks were either silver or gold paint and a stone of the opposite color was embedded on the front. I had to admit, we both were stunning. And the fact that Vera made them herself was an added bonus.

The only thing that I didn't like about the costume was the high heels. I hated high heels and I could never understand how people could walk in them. Not only did it add an extra few unneeded inches to my already 5' 9'' frame, but every time I took I step I threatened to tumble over, and I was already clumsy enough. They were like mini torture devices! But, I somehow just ' had to wear them'. I'm quoting this person's exact words who is *ahem* sitting right next to me at this moment.

I recognized the house we needed to go to right away. I parked across the street from a large, white mansion, where many other cars were parked. And yes, as you probably may be thinking, I can drive at sixteen. Both Vera and I hop out of the car and walk towards the mansion. I check my phone from the small, silver sequined bag my mom told me to take, courtesy of Vera's gigantic closet and my now explosion of a room. We were ten minutes late. I grinned over at Vera as we walked. "Ready to be fashionably late?" I said to her, and she gave me a smile back.