Chapter 12

No POV

It was two days later when the group finally heard something about the incident. It started with a summons to the headmasters office.

"I think you all know why you are here" Dumbledore said addressing everyone which included Harry, Draco, Blaise, Pansy, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Dean and Finnegan.

"Yes headmaster, I assume you are going to punish these Slytherins here" Indicating to the other four.

"Actually on the contrary Mr. Weasley I will not be punishing them." Ron's jaw dropped.

"And why is that Sir, they attacked us." Hermione said. "Hermione I know you to be smarter than this." Dumbledore said with a grave face.

"I have spoken to you five." indicating Ron, Hermione and their companions. "And I have spoken to those who witnessed the fight at the time. Everyone I spoke to says that you Ron, were the one who instigated the fight." Ron stood abruptly

"That is a lie" "It has also been brought to my attention that these Slytherins as you put it, did not fire a single spell, only placed up shields."

"no you're wrong" Ron yelled "Enough, you five will be serving detention with Mr. Filch for a month" "Month, but when will I have time to study?" Hermione wailed.

"You should have thought of that before you started shooting spells at other students. Now I want you five to stay behind." Dumbledore glanced towards Harry, Draco, PAnsy and Blaise. "You are free to go"

When Harry and Draco were out of Dumbledore's office Harry turned in Draco's arm. "What was that about, Dumbledore hates me, he is only using me as a weapon, why would he take our side?"

"Maybe he is trying to get into your good graces." Pansy said coming up behind them. Harry thought for a moment

"yes, you're probably right" "I'm just glad those five got a month's worth of detentions for what they did-" "if they are even serving them, knowing Dumbledore he probably just said it, but isn't going to see it through." everyone nodded.

"First DADA session is coming up" Harry said nervously. "Everything will be alright, you will be able to help others and you will be great at it." Harry blushed and stood on his toes and pecked Draco and the cheek.

"Thank you" Draco smiled softly "anything for you."

"Aw how adorable" Harry's blush intensified "enough" Draco growled at Pansy causing her to laugh softly. "Whatever I'll see you two at lunch ok" Everyone nodded and the four made their way to their classes.

When classes were over Draco met Harry outside his classroom. Many people stared, but Harry didn't care all he cared about was that Draco was there.

"Come, let's go get lunch" Harry smiled and took a hold of Draco's hand. As they made their way towards the Great Hall Draco noticed his mate's mood change.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked stopping them in the hallway and pulling them into an alcove. Harry chewed on his lip for a second before replying.

"I just realized Halloween will be here in a few days and nothing good ever happens. I am afraid something terrible will happen."

Draco hugged harry to him, rubbing slow circles on his back to give some reassurance. "Don't worry if anything happens I'll be here to protect you." "I know Draco" Harry said taking Draco's hand in his own. "Come on i'm starving"

HALLOWEEN

The day like any started out normal. Harry woke up with Draco. They got dressed, went to breakfast and then to classes.

Harry worried himself all day. Most of the time you could see him lost in thought and not doing his work. Many of his peers had asked him if everything was alright and he would just give them a smile and say he was alright.

Something was bothering him, something big was going to happen he knew it he just didn't know what. At lunch he sat with Draco beside him, arm around his waist with Blaise, Pansy and Neville sitting in front of him.

Neville had started sitting with them a few days ago and Harry couldn't be more happy with it. "Everything will be alright Harry" Neville said trying to relieve Harry's worries.

"Thanks Neville" Harry said a small smile on his face. "You're right, i'm sure everything will be fine."

It wasn't until dinner that Harry noticed something off. "Hey guys where is Draco?" "oh yeah, he got called home apparently it was really important and he wanted me to let you know and that he'll hope to be back soon." Blaise said.

Harry frowned "do you have any idea why he left?" Everyone shrugged their shoulders.

"Sorry Harry, i'm not sure." Once the feast began Harry didn't have the stomach to eat anything. He pushed the food around his plate mind lost in thought and worry.

When the feast was over, everyone started to head back to their dorms Harry decided to stay with Neville instead of going with the two Slytherins.

"So Neville when are you going to ask out Luna?" Neville blushed. "I...I'm not sure yet, but soon I hope." Harry nodded glad to have something else occupy his mind."Well I'm sure she'll say yes" Neville smiled "I do hope so"

Later that night Harry couldn't sleep he tossed and turned as he tried to get comfortable. Without his mate it was literally impossible. Around 11:30 Harry heard the door open and sat up quickly in bed.

"Draco" Draco ran over to HArry and pulled him into a tight hug, burying his head in Harry's neck. "Oh Harry, I'm so sorry about tonight, my parents called for me. It could not be avoided."

Harry didn't say anything, just nodded. After 10 minutes the two released each other. "What did your parents call you about that was so important?"

Draco suddenly looked a little uncomfortable "Please listen to me before you say anything." Harry nodded hesitantly worried about what his mate would say.

"It's Voldemort, he has returned" Harry gasped and stood up. "What Harry please listen, everything you have been told is wrong. Everything Dumbledore told you is a lie.

It was not Voldemort who killed your parents it was Dumbledore. Your parents were spies for Voldemort and Dumbledore found out. "No it can't be"

"Harry you have seen what Dumbledore has done already. He has manipulated you and told you lies to get you on his side." Harry paused, "How do you know this?"

Draco sighed and motioned for Harry to come to him. Harry hesitated slightly, but went over to Draco and sat on his lap. "He is at Malfoy Manor at the moment, trying to recover his strength.

He showed me his memories. I know you might think he is bad, but he was played just like you." Harry didn't say anything, but he could sense that Draco was telling the truth.

"I would like it if you could understand, so how would you like to come to Malfoy Manor with me over the Christmas break and we could figure everything out together." Harry smiled

"I would like that." Draco smiled and leaned in for a kiss. The kiss started out slow, but soon escalated into a full make-out session. Draco's removed his lips from Harry's and moved down his neck kissing and sucking the skin. Harry moaned lowly, wrapping his arms around Draco's neck.

After a few minutes of this Draco pulled back. He kissed Harry on the lips one last time. "Time for bed love" Harry groaned but obliged by crawling into bed beside Draco. "Love you Harry" was the last thing Harry heard before darkness and warmth surrounded him.