Chapter 8

Harry POV

It has been a few days and I have to be honest I haven't been feeling well at all. Every now and then I would get stomach cramps also I would vomit at least twice a day.

I tried to keep it to myself, but I had a feeling Draco knew something was up. I didn't want to cause any trouble though.

 I was currently walking to my next class when Ginny came up to me. "So Harry how was your summer?" She asked. "It was fine" I said in a monotone.

She smiled not understanding that I didn't want to talk to her. "Well do you want to sit with me at lunch?" I shook my head no, but she didn't let up.

 "Why not don't you want to spend time with-" "He said he didn't want to sit with you now leave" Draco growled as he made his way towards us. His eyes were glowing and his fangs had appeared.

I didn't feel afraid in fact I liked his possessiveness. I made my over to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

Ginny glared at him and grabbed my hand trying to pull me away "come on Harry I want to spend some time with you" what happened next surprised me.

I yanked my hand away and slapped her across the face. She yelped and stepped back. "I told you I don't want to spend time with you or be with you in any way shape or form.

 With that I took Draco's hand and lead him away. We walked in silence for a few moments "Are you ok?" He asked me gently.

 I nodded my head and smiled at him "thanks for saving me back there." He smiled and kissed my forehead "Anything for you" I didn't want to leave him, but I knew I had no choice.

I let go his hand and entered the classroom.  After class I had a free period and made my way to my room since Draco was having a class.

Once I was in my dorm I took a book out and started to read. Many people didn't know this but I really did like to read probably more than Hermione. I don't know how long I sat there for when suddenly something red appeared on the page.

Then another and another. I brought my hand to my nose and caught the blood that was dripping down.

 I put the book down and made my way to the bathroom. I glanced in the mirror and where I noticed the sheer amount of blood that was spilling out.

I grabbed some towels and hurriedly placed them under my nose trying to stop the bleeding. The next thing I know it feels like my head is trying to split open.

 I want to scream but the pain is so much I can barely take in a breath. I gasp for air as blood starts to trickle down my face when I had dropped the towel in pain.

 I had to get help. Oh how I wish Draco was here. That was the last thing I thought before I passed out.

Draco POV

I was in Ancient Runes when I felt something was wrong.

 I concentrated on what it was and found it was coming from the bond Harry and I had. Something was wrong with my mate.

I jumped up from my seat and ran out the door. People yelling behind me, but I ignored them.

 I made my way towards the Gryffindor tower, but since I didn't have the password the painting wouldn't let me in. This caused my Veela and I to panic.

Harry was in trouble or hurt and I couldn't get to him. The next thing I know I was in the Gryffindor tower Harry was laying in front of me.

 I knelt next to him and picked him up. I needed to get him somewhere safe. Next thing I know we're in Malfoy Manor.

I didn't question how I got here, instead I ran to my room yelling for my parents who I knew were home. I could hear footsteps pounding through the halls and towards my room. I laid Harry on my bed and ran to the bathroom.

 I grabbed a washcloth and wet it then ran back into my room where I proceeded to wash away the blood on my mates face. "Draco what's wrong?" my mother said as she entered my room.

"I don't know I was in class and then Harry...He just...was like this." I took deep breathes trying to remain calm. My father came closer to examine my mate I would have growled, but I knew that would do no good in this situation.

 "Draco go calm down, I will examine him" my father told me as my mother took my hand in hers and led me from the room.

I was pacing in the library waiting for my father to call me back and tell me everything was going to be alright.

But I knew that probably wasn't going to be the case. I had had a feeling something was going on. I knew Harry was upset about something.

 I had thought it was Ron's and Hermione's betrayal. Or how Ginny was starting to get on both Harry's and I's nerves. This was something different though and I hooped and prayed everything would be ok.

It was about an hour before father returned a glum look on his face. "Father" was all I said. "The reason for Harry's condition seems to be linked to his creature inheritance." father said.

Which confused me Harry had said he never went through one.

"You see he should have had one when he turned 16, but he never did. That's why he's sick, something is blocking his inheritance and it is trying to come out which is causing Harry to get bloody noses and severe stomach and head pains."

 I nodded my head in understanding "what is blocking it?" I asked. "Some type of spell or block that keeps the inheritance at bay." That was it "so all we need to do is break the spell."

 I exclaimed "It is not that easy son the person who placed it is the only one who can break it and I have a feeling they won't relent that easily."

 I knew who he was talking about Dumbledore had to have been the one and father was right he wouldn't lift the block easily. "We will think over this later, for now your mate needs you."

I nodded my head and made my way back to my room. Once inside I went straight to my bed and laid down next to my mate.

I wrapped my arm around his waist and brought him closer to me.

I kissed his forehead saying sweet nothings to him as I slowly drifted asleep.